Rangers, Mages and Muscles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Side Roll -Mirza and Katie-

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Side Roll -Mirza and Katie- Empty Side Roll -Mirza and Katie-

Post by Undead4ssassin0 Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:01 am

The sun was just setting, golden lights mixed with red and orange painted the houses and streets. The small tavern on the end of the cobble stone street was loud with music.
Katie rolled her eyes as elves started to sing songs... Only the drunk ones of corse. Katie groaned and slide out of her chair. She snuck put of the tavern and sighed, inhaling a huge breath of fresh fall air. It was just the beginning of fall, so the leaves where still bright green and the air was warm. Katie exs held and walked over to ranger.

The stallion perked his ears as she came over.
- do you have it?!- his eyes twinkled as he searched her.
" no, you can't have it anyways." Katie giggled. Ranger then flattened his ears and turned away.
" hey? HEY! Where are you goin?!" Katie watched her horse stomp away.
" it's just apple pie!"

Ranger continued to walk and Katie followed him, eventually catching up and climbing in the saddle. She let her horse continue to sulk. Katie then notice her short sword... Tucked in it's sheathe on the side of the stallion... She never used it, for anything. Katie narrowed her eyes and pulled the sulking horse to a stop.
- I really wanted apple pie- his eyes went into a puppy look.
" you can't have it... It'll rot you teeth." She smiled as she pulled the sword out. She stared at the steel sword. Still clean and bright. She looked around to make sure no one was here to watch her play swords with trees.
" all clear." She whispered to herself has she scanned the little clearing in the woods, one last time.

Katie then picked up her sword and stepped forward and jabbed her sword into a dead birch tree. The sword gladly went into the tree, chipping some of the old bark. She pulled out the sword then spun back around and jabbed it back into the tree. This time so deep... That the girl couldn't seemed to pull it out
" dammit!" She cursed aloud. Ranger trotted over And smiled. A cocky smile indeed.
- that's what you get for not getting me apple pie.-
Undead4ssassin0
Undead4ssassin0
Admin

https://dragonsofthenight.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Side Roll -Mirza and Katie- Empty Re: Side Roll -Mirza and Katie-

Post by Mirza Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:35 am

Mirza was a little tipsey. He had been drinking with Corus, who never seemed to be affected by alcohol. Corus was a big viashino, which was saying something since most viashino were large. Corus stood at leat 6'4" and had brown scales. He was muscular and carried two war axes of dwarven make. Corus lived a warriors life following Tordin, a dwarven merchant who frequented Farwnn town. Corus had been taken by the wolf monster days earlier and was rescued by Mirza, Katie and Clara. Mirza was hesitant to ask the large lizard how a warrior of his stature could possibly be taken by the wolf. Corus explained that it used some sort of entrancing magic and that he would never be bested to a mindless beast. Corus was proud and bold and Mirza was fascinated by him. Mostly because the blue scaled viashino of the desert were always hostile to anyone not bearing blue scales. He had never encountered them before, but he had heard stories of the desert viashino hiding beneath the sand until their prey happened by. Corus explained that the viashino tribes he came from lived in cliffs and were a peaceful people. They believed in spirits and respected nature above all things. Corus no longer held any allegiance to his former tribe, stating simply that his heart yearned for more than fish and fur.

Mirza listened intently as Corus spoke and then he felt a sensation in his groin. Mirza had to pee. He placed his hand on the lizard's shoulder and said "I will return my friend, but for now I have got to piss. When I return I say we engage in a friendly sparring match. I am curious to see you weild those axes."

Corus laughed and took a large gulp of his tankard "And I would very much like to see how you 'dance' with your sword."

Mirza got up from his seat and walked to the back of the Tavern. Terry gave him an evil look as he went out the back door. Mirza had learned his way around Terry's over the past few days and felt free to use the employee entrances as he pleased. Mirza walked a good distance from the Tavern in order to find suitable shrubbery. He eventually found a bush which he deemed worthy of being marked by a prince. As Mirza dropped trow and began to urinate on the greenery before him he saw something shining in the distance. It was somewhat in the forest and Mirza couldn't quite make out what exactly it was, but Mirza liked shiney things so as he pulled his trousers back up he immediately began moving toward whatever was so enthralling.

Mirza walked into a few small plants that knocked against his knees. His steps were loud as the forest foliage crunched beneath his sandals. He emerged to find Ranger and Katie occupying a small clearing. Mirza noticed that the shiney thing he had seen earlier was infact a short sword. It was of typical Arkose make and was buried a good amount into the trunk of a tree. Katie looked a little distressed and Mirza guessed that the blade was hers.

He pointed to the sword "You ah, you dropped that." He said very sarcastically.
Mirza
Mirza

Back to top Go down

Post by Undead4ssassin0 Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:14 pm

Ranger was still pouting until the sound of leaves made him aware of something comin up behind them. He jumped up and snorted. He flicked his ears then relaxed as he saw Mirza. Now Katie on the other hand was too busy trying to get the sword out of the tree.

" come on out you damn thing" she cursed again.
" you ah, you dropped that." mirza's voice nearly gave Katie a heart attack. She jumped and turned to face him. She took in a deep breath then narrowed her eyes
" ha ha very funny" she said sarcastically. Turned back to the sword and then back at Mirza.

" um, how long have you been there?" She asked. It was quit embarrassing especially now that her short sword was stuck in a dead tree and she couldn't get it out. Rangers nicked as he realized, her sword was stuck in the tree.
" shut up ranger, you where just pouting about not having pie." She snapped at the stallion who continued to giggled.
Undead4ssassin0
Undead4ssassin0
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirza Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:43 pm

"Long enough" Mirza said as he walked up to the sword. He wrapped his hand around the hilt and gave a strong tug. It hardly moved. Mirza looked at it closer. He gripped both hands around the hilt and pulled. He could feel it wiggle a bit, but had yet to be released by the bark. What kind of tree was this!? Mirza thought. He lifted one leg and used it as additional leverage. The sword came loose and Mirza stumbled back. He examined the sword. Twirling it in his hand. It was light and probably about a foot shorter than Therafim. It looked to be more for stabbing with its double edge rather than for slashing, but Mirza still felt it necessary to give the air a few swipes. He briefly danced with the blade and tossed it into the air. He cought it by the blade and handed it to Katie.

"This isn't a toy you know?" he said confidently.
Mirza
Mirza

Back to top Go down

Post by Undead4ssassin0 Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:07 pm

Katie felt her cheeks burn red as Mirza pulled the sword from the tree. That wasn't fair. She stared, looking stupid. She then shook her head and narrowed her eyes trying to play it cool. She straighten up as he handed her the sword.
" this isn't a toy you know" he said to her. Katie looked at the sword then took it.

" I know... I'm not dumb, that's why I was using it on the tree..." She looked at the sword, twirling it in her hand.
She stared at the sword, the golden sunlight bounced off. Her blue eyes remained down. This was awkward.
" um I guess it's better for it to be on the tree then on a person."

She then brushed past him. She walked over to ranger who was burning a hole into her skull. He was still mad.
" oh her over it." She went to grabbed the sheathe but of corse ranger trotted off.
" ranger!" Katie stood and watched him go off.
" well... There he goes"
Undead4ssassin0
Undead4ssassin0
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirza Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:16 am

"Whats bothering Ranger?" Mirza asked as he pointed in the direction in which Ranger ran. He had come to know the horse as not just Katie's mount, but her best friend. To know Katie was to know Ranger. Mirza accepted that the girl and her horse were two parts of the same whole. Mirza often made comparisons between Ranger and Anta, but in truth none were valid. Anta was but Mirza's pack animal and Anta largely hated Mirza (and just about everything outside of water and food), but Ranger was full of life and emotion. The horse was a very inquisitive creature. Mirza had seen Ranger show great courage and strength in his efforts to protect Katie. Such nobility in an animal Mirza would normally have taken for granted was something Mirza had great respect for.
Mirza
Mirza

Back to top Go down

Post by Undead4ssassin0 Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:15 pm

Katie sighed, the tip of the sword digging into the dirt. She turned her head towards Mirza. She stared at him then smiled.
" I didn't get him any apple pie.." She giggled. Her giggled was like a shy little girls. Her blue eyes opened and she remained smiling for a mere second.

" he took my bow..." She sighed realizing, it's getting dark, since now the sun was almost completely asleep behind the trees. Katie picked up her sword and looked at the steel. She only knew how to swing the sword.. That's it, no step positions or which hand to hold it in. She thought about something but she was doubting that Mirza would teach her. She was better with her bow anyways.
Undead4ssassin0
Undead4ssassin0
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirza Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:31 pm

Mirza watched as Katie stared at her blade. He smiled and looked towards Ranger's direction.

"You think Ranger will be alright on his own? If so I could show you how to use that thing." He said pointing to the sword in her hand.
Mirza
Mirza

Back to top Go down

Post by Undead4ssassin0 Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:09 pm

Katie looked at Mirza, somewhat shocked by the offer.
" y-yes," her eyes sparkled a bit from the now excitement that was building inside of her.
" he'll be fine... " she smiled, a slight blush going oer her cheeks. She pushed back a peice of her long black hair behind her ear.

She flicked her eyes up and smiled challenging, knowing that he was a bit tispy, and drinks can throw people off their game.
" but are you fine?" She smirked. Stepping away quickly and turning behind a tree peering over the side... Still smiling.
Undead4ssassin0
Undead4ssassin0
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirza Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:20 pm

"I am great." he said confidently. "Some of my best fights were fought with a lot more alcohol in me."

Mirza drew Therafim and held its hilt towards Katie. "Put that short sword away. First you must learn how to wield a full sized blade. What arm do you draw your bow with?"

Mirza had never actaully seen Katie use any weapon other than her bow. He knew she was deadly accurate, much more accurate than Mirza could hope to be with his Siyah.

OOC: just a reminder of Therafim's enchantment. Its endure elements spell. It will create a calm in Katie when she picks it up. She will not feel the temperature of the air around her and it will make her feel renewed.
Mirza
Mirza

Back to top Go down

Post by Undead4ssassin0 Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:38 pm

Katie stared at him then therafim. She kind go nervous. His weapon? Her blue eyes looked back him. She then took her sword and stabbed it into the earth.
" my right." She answered softly. Her eyes still unsure about using his weapon. A part of her screamed no. But she ignored that part.

She trusted this 'prince' . She trusted him more she did Alex or Terry. She then unbuttoned her cloak and draped it on the her short sword. She cautiously walked towards Therafim. She took one looked at Mirza then took a deep breath and wrapped her hand around the hilt.

The slight chill that was in the air was gone...her whole body felt relived. Renewed. She gasped at the sudden but delightful change. A soft smile crossed her face.
" wow.. " she managed to whisper.

" so... This is what... It feels like when you hold Therafim?" She asked. Her voice was soft and smooth unlike most of the time either sharp and mean or rough and sarcastic.
Undead4ssassin0
Undead4ssassin0
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirza Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:05 pm

"Yeah. Therafim is an amazing weapon and I didn't realize it was so cold out." Mirza rubbed his arms a bit and shivered. The wind came over him like he had fallen into cold water. After shaking he reached out and snagged Katie's short sword.

"Okay. So you want to hold the weapon in your right hand since thats your draw hand. Therafim, like your short sword here is a one handed sword. Never hold it with both hands. Now let me see your fighting stance." Mirza stood tall and waved his hand for Katie display he experience. One could tell a lot from the someone stood when weilding a weapon. Especially a weapon like Therafim.
Mirza
Mirza

Back to top Go down

Post by Undead4ssassin0 Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:38 pm

Katie stared at Mirza. She was starting to think this may not be a smart idea. But she sighed and listen to Mirza
" fighting stance?" She then look at her feet. She but her lip then slightly spread her legs.

She then looked up shyly.
" I'm not good with this sword thing..." She admitted. A slight embarassed look came over her face. She lowered her eyes not wanting to meet his gaze. She really didn't know a lot about swords.
Undead4ssassin0
Undead4ssassin0
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirza Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:46 pm

He smiled. Mirza watched as Katie struggled to figure out how to stand. Mirza took his own stance using Katie's sword. Its length threw him off a bit.

"Stan like this. You want to have your legs about shoulder width apart so you can stand your ground. Sloppy feet mean you can easily be thrown off balance. Also turn your body some. Make yourself less of a target. The less I can see, the less I can hit."

Mirza kept his right hand close to his hip and his left arm was held across and in front of his chest.
Mirza
Mirza

Back to top Go down

Post by Undead4ssassin0 Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:51 pm

"im not sloppy.." she responded under her breath. then spread her legs shoulder width apart. She stared at her feet then look back at him.
"better my prince?" she said sarcasticlly then caught that she used 'my".

i probably sound like a fool she rolled her eyes and groaned to herself

she looked away not wanting to make eye contact anymore. she stared at Therafim. it was so beautiful. its hilt was beautifully made. its curved and polished metal.
Undead4ssassin0
Undead4ssassin0
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirza Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:15 am

Mirza laughed a bit.

"Careful how loud you say the 'P' word." Mirza said. He really couldn't afford too many people knowing who he was. He liked that Katie and Clara knew his secret. It made him feel comfortable knowing that he had some people to talk to about it should he feel the need to vent. It also gave him two people he could tell stories of life in the Al'Rasheed palace.

Mirza reached out suddenly with his free hand and pushed Katie. He could feel she was nervous and knew the push would come at a surprise to her.
Mirza
Mirza

Back to top Go down

Post by Undead4ssassin0 Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:03 pm

Katie watched him laugh.
" careful how loud you say the ' P'. Word. " Mirza had said. Katie rolled her eyes and did the mistake of relaxing a bit. The sudden push from Mirza had caught her off guard. She reacted quickly by grabbing the princes wrist.

She had a strong grip, like a alligator holding it's prey. Her blue eyes shot daggers at him as she regained her balanced... she then smirked at him.
" your asking to get your ass kicked..." She growled under her challenging smile.
Undead4ssassin0
Undead4ssassin0
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirza Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:27 pm

"I'd like to see you try." Mirza said in a cocky tone. "Anyhow, you gotta stand firm and keep your guard up. You can't let yourself be thrown of balance or you're dead. So go on, take your stance again, then I want you to take a swing at me. With Therafim. Now's your chance to kick my ass." Mirza returned to his stance and gave Katie a daring look.
Mirza
Mirza

Back to top Go down

Post by Undead4ssassin0 Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:51 pm

Katie scoffed and place her hand on her hip, therafim in her right. She smirked.
" darling, please I don't need a sword to kick your ass" she smirked. She then shook her head and got back into the stance, this time, quickly and better then the first. She then looked at the sword then at Mirza.

A sudden rush of nervousness filled her. She didn't want to, what happens if she cut him?! She wouldn't be able to handle herself. She looked at him. He was all ready. Ketone closed her eyes then took in a feel breath and lifted the sword and swung the weapon at Mirza.
Undead4ssassin0
Undead4ssassin0
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirza Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:44 am

Mirza deflected Therafim with the short blade. He bent at the knees and twisted. Katie's arc was amateur and predictable. She would need work, but she showed promise. Mirza gracefully stepped to the side as he parried.

"Nicely done. Tell me Katie. Do you dance?" Mirza asked genuinely.
Mirza
Mirza

Back to top Go down

Post by Undead4ssassin0 Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:35 pm

" nicely done. Tell me Katie. Do you dance?" Mirza had asked the girl. Katie then went wide eyed and quickly looked down. She stood up straight and remained looking at her feet. The truth was... She didn't know how to dance. Never was taught. She was only taught to move quickly and shoot a bow.

"N-n-no.." She said in a lowered voice. She looked at Therafim. She propped it against the tree. She was very nervous about dancing. One she release therafim. She grew cold. She wrapped her arms around herself . Still Refusing to look at Mirza. She wasn't going to dance ... She was... Scared too
Undead4ssassin0
Undead4ssassin0
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirza Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:30 pm

Mirza watched Katie put Therafim down. She was nervous. He realized his bluntness in asking if she danced.

"No need to be nervous Katie. I only ask because in Al'Rasheed most swordsman compare the movements of sword fighting to dancing. Basil duelists are often called 'Sword Dancers' due to the similarity. Here watch." Mirza picked up Therafim and slid the short sword into his sash.

Mirza took a deep breath and positioned himself in a more advanced stance, one unique to the Raks Al'Mawt. He began to move. He twirled gracefully, taking light swipes at the air and spinning the blade around his body. It had been some time since Mirza actually dug into the disciplines of his teachings, but he welcomed the sight of Therafim glistening as it moved. Mirza's motions were fluid and seamless. Each swipe glided smoothly into the next and Mirza even jumped into the air to perform a windmill cut. As Mirza's dance came to a close he kept his left leg strait and dragged it along the ground in a large crescent around him. Therafim came to rest its wider end upon his forearm and Mirza slowly rose from his sword stance. At the end of such a performance it was customary for the sword dancer to bow and so Mirza bowed.

"See, much like dancing." He said honestly.
Mirza
Mirza

Back to top Go down

Post by Undead4ssassin0 Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:33 pm

Katie watched him as he twirled and jumped. It was beautifully done. She smiled gently ten looked down again after he finish
" see much like dancing" he told her. Katie bit her lip and rubbed her arms.

" yea I um... Don't know how I dance.." She confessed.

Her face flushed with red and she pushed back a strain of her black hair.
Undead4ssassin0
Undead4ssassin0
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirza Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:01 pm

Mirza looked at Katie. She seemed very intimidated by dancing. Mirza realised this girl's ruggedness. She was a hunter. She was a ranger. She was certainly not like the noble girls Mirza was accustomed to being around in Al'Rasheed. The noble girls were always obsessed with dancing, make up and fashion. They loved gossip and were in constant competition to attract the noble boys. Mirza in particular, was the prize desired by all noble girls. Mirza never really had much interest in these girls. None of them held a candle to his first love Farah.

Mirza drifted off for a brief moment as he thought of Farah. She was beautiful. Beautiful in a way he could hardly describe using typical adjectives. It was like she had an aura that calmed him. His heart was warm around her and he could feel every beat in his chest. Her smile was genuine and subtle. His return smile came easy to him and he will never forget that day he saw her in the bazaar.

Mirza snapped back to reality. Katie remained before him awaiting his response. Every girl should know how to dance. Mirza decided he would teach her. He sheathed Therafim and handed the short sword to her.

"Every girl should know how to dance. It is more important than sword play I think. I will teach you. We need music." he said.

Last edited by Mirza on Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Mirza
Mirza

Back to top Go down

Post by Undead4ssassin0 Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:05 pm

Katie lifted her blue eyes, they where soft and shy.
" t-teach me?" Her eyes seemed to of lite up a bit.
" music?" Katie then looked around. And placed her hand on her hip and an rubbed the back of her neck.
Terry plays she violen. Actually he plays it beautifully. He can play it fast for a party or slow for romance.

Katie giggled at the thought. She then looked at Mirza
" your best friend - as in Terry- can play the violen" she said gigglig
Undead4ssassin0
Undead4ssassin0
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next