Chapter One

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Chapter One

Post by Undead4ssassin0 on Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:33 pm

"Alex.. what happned to hi-" She then stopped. She looked up at Tuvera. Her eyes went soft.
"Did you say trevor?" she swallowed, tears started to form in her eyes.
"What was his last name?" she was shaking a bit. Her heart pounded in her chest. Her mind screaming. Last time she saw the man she was 13, and he ran off quickly.

"Is it Trevor O'Conner?" Her hood fell off, and her eyes where wide and had happiness but also something else. Fear. she looked side to side. Tears started to fall and she sniffled but then turned around. and wiped them away.
"Sorry sorry." she wiped her cheeks then harden up.

"It's not personal so dont ask," She growled. she straightened up and turned back around.
"Alex went missing last night. Tina told me he was out riding on his horse, Blake and didnt return." she said. her eyes where still glassy. Tuvera looked at the others.
"where was he heading?" Tuvera asked. Katie faced him.

"How the hell and i suppost to know?! i was out hunting." she narrowed her eyes. she then realized  she was bout to lose her temper.
"Please excuse me." she said coldly. She then walked to the otherside of the room and stretched her arm out. she placed one on her hip and the other on the wall.  her head hung low and she closed her eyes.
"inner Aquene(peace), Katie, inner Aquene(peace)" she said quietly.

Last edited by Undead4ssassin0 on Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Undead4ssassin0
Admin

View user profile http://dragonsofthenight.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Metallicar on Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:48 pm

Clara swallowed and looked down with guilt. She was part of the Thieves Guild. There was much worse lurking in the shadows, and the spells of terror and torture in the fog but up until now it was home. Clara kept her mouth shut now, listening to Tuvera list off the missing people. She couldn't say she recognized a name he mentioned, but that didn't matter. What matteredw as the pattern, the reason. Why would they just be taken? It was obvious a name or two had hit Katie, as she turned away. Not personal? Clara watched Katie leave the room, the silence engulfing the table.

Finishing the last of her odd bloodred liquid, Clara cleared her throat. It was obvious that there was much more that needed to be done than guarding. It was only a month, and Clara bit her lip. We are never going to be able to protect these people. Frowning, Clara gently placed the napkin on the table. There was a lot of work to do. Clara had heard stories of other forsaken creatures, and right now it seemed rather logical for a trip to the library. Whatever the case, it was early in the afternoon and the storm raged on. Even from the inside of the doorless tower, it was possible to hear the rain pouring. Clara could see it all in her head like she had tons of times before. The clouds were purple and black, and They lit up with the bolts of lightning charging up. Rain fell heavily.
My poor horse.
Metallicar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirza on Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:50 pm

Mirza looked to Katie, who appeared to have some emotional connection to this Trevor victim. She did not seem to be very good at keeping her emotion inside. He watched, and kept his face clean of emotion. When it was all done he looked back to Tuvera.

"Well my noble guard, I have given you all the evidence I have. We can discuss this as much as we like, but it appears that a real investigation is needed." He waved his hand in the air "And thus I give you all my leave. Good luck i shall check with you tomorrow."

"NOOOOOOO!!!!" Mirza yelled as the bright blue light consumed him once again. He could again feel a magical force ripping him from reality. It was just as aggressive as before. It yanked him from the luxurious room and pulled him through the colorful wind tunnel and then plopped him onto the ground. This time at least he was standing. He felt dizzy and reached out with one arm. He could feel a shoulder next to him. He placed his other hand on his knee just as his stomach came through the tunnel. He puked again. Lamb and potato found its way to the damp earth as the act of teleportation robbed him of his lunch. Mirza continued like this for a good three minutes before he finally ran out of lunch.

Last edited by Mirza on Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mirza

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Undead4ssassin0 on Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:01 pm

"I HATE TELEPORTING!" Katie screamed as she hit the ground. The sky was sprinkling and Ranger ran over. He sniffed her face and then licked her.
"Ranger stop!" she picked herself up and wiped away the mud.
"I'mma kill him." she growled as she looked at her cloths. Mud stuck to them.

"Darn." she looked at Ranger.
"Do we have any other cloths?" she tilted her head. Ranger looked up, then at her and shook his head.
~no~ his eyes soft. He then spotted Clara, he trotted over and sniffed her. His mouth curved and he licked her face then he trotted over to Mirza and sniffed him.

"RANGER!" Katie called and the stallion trotted back he was happy.
"why do i still have you." she started to giggle as the horse bobbed his head. He whinnied then stopped and narrowed his eyes and looked at her. her smile faded quickly.
"what?" she asked, confused.

~Why so serious.~ he then sat down in front of her.
"I'm not. You silly horse. I swear you was a dog in the past." she walked over and wrapped her arms around his neck.
"Trevor is back.." she whispered. The stallion then jumped up.

~Trevor?~ His eyes wide and then he started jumping around like a deer. he stopped and looked at her.
"Oh stop it, i have to go to Terry... i need cloths... even if they only have dresses..." she said as if it was a death sentence.

Last edited by Undead4ssassin0 on Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Undead4ssassin0
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Metallicar on Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:42 pm

Before being able to react, Clara felt the nauseating feeling of teleportation. Leaving the comforting and warmth of the table, to the muddy and chilly outdoors. Her hands saved her from the muddy fall, and Clara sighed. The lightheadedness returned, and she leaned against the stone wall of the tower, her muddy hands keeping her upright. After a few seconds, Clara steadied herself. The sound of hooves stomping in mud directed Clara's attention to something other than the nauseous travel.

"I much rather prefer doors," Clara added snarkily, rubbing her hands together to remove of the mud. Katie's mount had come over to investigate and she was stroking him and murmuring to him. The horse seemed to have seen Clara. Blinking, Clara felt a slimy welcome from the stallion. Chuckling slightly, she allowed herself to give the horse a pat on the shoulder as it turned away. Stepping awkwardly through the mud, Clara made way to her own mount.

The horse was a bit wet from the rain, but the mare seemed to be fine. Glancing around at the town, Clara untied her horse and pulled the leather reins. The obedient and tame equine followed Clara, happy to move around again. A stable. I need to make sure she's in top shape... I need a name. At the thought of that, Clara felt for her crossbow. Again, it had been launched around somewhere. Dropping the reins so they dangled from the bit, Clara placed a hand on her hip.

Looking at the mud, nothing but hoof prints and shoe prints were visible. Inhaling sharply, Clara strided over to the mud as if getting close would make it appear. "Oh god," she muttered, turning around and narrowing her eyes. How far did Tuvera launch it? Clara walked around, and after a couple minutes, she ran a hand through her hair in frustration.

"Damn!" Flustered, Clara walked back to her abandoned mare. It had to have gotten stuck in Tuvera's tower or it got launched and someone made off with it. Its got to be here somewhere. surveying the buildings, a gold glint caught her eye. The crossbow was tossed into a water trough. Crinkling her nose, Clara walked over to it and reached into the trough feeling for the Gold and Mahogany stock.

Satisfied she had found it, Clara walked back to the others. "What first?" She asked, sighing and slinging the crossbow over her shoulder.
Metallicar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirza on Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:22 am

Mirza watched as Katie's horse approached him. He stared it down for a moment. It seemed cheerful, quite the opposite of Anta. He thought of the camel and hoped that he was soaked. He was so stubborn sometimes. He looked to Clara, who ran to retrieve her cross bow.

"Whats first?" She said as she returned and threw her weapon over her shoulder.

"You might want to keep better track of that thing." He said admiring the craftsmanship of the weapon.

Mirza placed a hand on his chin and thought for a moment. He would like to ask the townsfolk about the victims, but he much more prefered to get out of the rain. He looked at Clara once more. Her green eyes reminded him of the emeralds he would sometimes come across in the bazaar back in Al'Rasheed.

"Lets get to the tavern. We can discuss our next course of action there." He smiled "Plus I hate the rain." he said, his breath heating the cold air as he spoke. He placed his palm on the hilt of his blade and began to walk for the tavern. He was thankful for Therafim. The weapon was one of legend and had many magical properties. One of which made the wielder of the weapon's body comfortable in any temperature. The original spell was meant for the extreme heat of the desert, but Mirza found that it worked equally well for cold environments.

He walked casually to the Tavern and waved his fellow party members to follow him. He took his time with this walk, no longer caring about being soaked to the bone. He placed his hands atop his head and began to whistle an old Basil merchant tune.

As he came closer to Terry's lodge he noticed that Anta had moved. He forgot to re-tie the beasts reins to the tavern. No doubt Anta had ran for cover as soon as the rain began to fall. The only person who hated rain more than Mirza was Anta. Mirza paid no mind to the camel's dissapearance. He knew the beast would return as soon as it grew hungry.

Last edited by Mirza on Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mirza

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Undead4ssassin0 on Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:59 am

Katie and ranger followed the man. Ranger kept nudging her.
~play?!~ the horse bobbed his head. katie had a smile and ran. the stallion followed. she ran past Mirza. Ranger splashed mud around he slide to a stop an reared. katie stood in front of him.
" rawr!" she lifted her arms up and crooked her fingers as if claws. the horse whinnied again and took off. he ran back and slide again almost hitting katie. she fell back into the mud.

" your so lucky that i love you horse" she laughed as she got up. she felt eyes on her. then  she faded.
" stop staring!" she growled then marched into the tavern. terry's eyes shot open.
" Katie!" he ran over.
" your covered in mud!" his nose cringed in disgust.

" Tina can get you cleaned up and ill clean your cloths." he said as they started to bring her upstairs
" Terry! a young cute man and a little girl shoild be walking in, they are with me" she whispered lowly.
" ok with you, no charge" he smiled. katie watched him disappear behind the corner. She was lead to a small room where Tina was boiling some water.
"Wonderful...a bath... a hot one.." she sighed

Last edited by Undead4ssassin0 on Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Undead4ssassin0
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Metallicar on Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:20 pm

Clara pulled on the reins to her horse's bridle, feeling the mare give in seconds later and follow her. The tavern sounded like a fantastic idea, but Clara was still set on making sure her mount was taken care of. As Clara walked along, she watched Katie's horse play and prance. What an energetic fellow. Clara thought, glancing at the grey coat. The Tavern had a. Cozy feeling to it, and there was a small stable peeking from the back.

"I'll catch up with you guys," Clara noted, leading the mare to the hiding building. Inside of it was littered with straw, and it had a warm temperature even though there were no doors to close the stable with. It was rickety and run down, but it was doable. Snooping around for some brushes, Clara found a bucket with supplies. It would probably be a while to finish cleaning. Unlatching the saddle and bridle, Clara smiled slightly when the horse sighed in relief.

Observing the 15.2 hand mare, her legs seemed to be more caked with mud than her upper body. Taking a warm, wet washcloth Clara began to wipe down her hocks and exposing the silver grey coat. It took a while, but eventually Clara was able to move on. Reaching for the curved metal piece, she lifted each foot accordingly and emptying it off mud. Brushing the hair from her forehead, Clara sighed.

"This is a lot more than I thought." She murmured, reaching for a brush and working from her neck down. Clara's mind meandered over the events of today as she brushed, making her movements robotic. Running through the vicious forest, volunteering for Tuvera's cause, meeting Mirza and Katie. It was quite astonishing how much the day had moved around. Even though Clara had escaped, she still felt herself shiver at the thought of Carver. My childhood guardian is after me.

It felt sinister to her, unfair and even if it hurt Clara would do what she had too. Finding a scowl had formed on her face, Clara dropped the thought and looked at the equine. She was indeed groomed clean, but Clara stood there and stared. "A name. I need a name for you," Clara said as she dropped the brush back into the bucket.
Metallicar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirza on Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:40 am

Mirza watched Katie's horse prance around like some kind of dog. He palmed his face. His initial assessment of the horse was that it was tame and obedient, but now the beast revealed its playful side. It was as much a pet as a companion Mirza deduced. He decided to pay it no mind.

Katie rushed into the tavern, leaving her horse to its own business. Clara shouted "I'll catch up with you guys." Mirza stopped and watched her for a second. She walked to what looked like a small stable. He waited a moment as Clara and her horse moved toward the shelter. He followed. He wanted to see if perhaps Anta had found his way there.

As he approached he saw Clara tending to her mount. She was gentle with it, something Mirza had been very reluctant to show Anta. He scanned the stable. In the corner, sure enough, there was a wet, cold and shivering camel. Anta looked miserable. Mirza poited and laughed. He walked over to the camel who gave him a look filled with malice.

"You could have come with me and been warm." Mirza laughed. The camel looked angry. "I just need my things." Mirza smiled.

Mirza reached into his bags and retrieved his Siyah and its arrows. He tested the weapon for a moment and was satisfied. His Siyah was of high quality and had always been very reliable. It was given to him by the captain of the Rami. It was one passed down only to the Sultans of Al'Rasheed. It was painted red with gold etchings down is side. The hilt was lined with Sapphires from the Basil mountains. Legend says that the sapphires were once the posession of one of the great blue dragons that used to rule the desert before the Basil people supposedly slew them all. It truly was a master piece and one of the few things he still had from the palace.

He looked to camel once more. Anta looked terribly sad and cold. Mirza slung his Siyah on his back and searched the stable. He found a wool sheet cruled up in the corner. He snatched it up and threw it over Anta. Mirza rubbed the beast dry and left the sheet on the camel.

"Stay out of the rain and rest Anta." He said with an apologetic tone.

Mirza walked out of the stable and waved to Clara as he left. He remained silent and strolled to the Tavern. The rain was winding down and was not as heavy as ealier. Still Mirza wished to dry himself and refill his belly. He entered the tavern. Terry was behind the counter as usual, but Katie was nowhere to be found. He shook his head. Hopefully her and clara would turn up soon to discuss the mission. He sat at a table. They would need a table and not the bar.

Mirza was thankful to be inside. He could already feel the warmth of the fire drying him off. Therafim prevented him from feeling the effects of temperature from oustide sources, but to know that the water was evaporating away was relief in and of itself. He waved down Terry for some service. The man gave him a grim look, but approached.

"What do you want." he said, annoyed.

"Ill take some mead and some of that venison i had the other night. Also I'm expecting two female companions shortly." Mirza said sternly.

"This is not that kind tavern sir, and I refuse to bring you anymore food or drink until you pay what you owe." terry placed his hands on his hips.

Mirza sighed. "Listen friend." Mirza paused and placed his feet up on the table before him. "First of all, my companions are not those kind of companions. Infact, you know one. Second of all, I am aiding Tuvera in the defense of the town and he has offered a large sum of gold. You will get paid or I am not of Basil blood."

Terry crossed his arms and stared for a moment. "Wait, are you with Katie?"

"Yes. She will be assisting me in saving this town." He said confidently.

"Well bucko, I'll serve you this time, but dont think you can twirl out of your bill, no matter who you know. I dont like you Basil, but for her sake I'll let you slide today." Terry was very stern this time, perhaps the subject of Katie put some passion in him.

The Tavern owner walked over to the bar and filled a mug with mead. He then pulled some venisn from a rack hanging over the bar. He strolled back over to the table throwing the meat on the rotisserie as he passed. Terry placed the mug on Mirza's table and walked back to the bar. He threw one more look of disdain before he went back to cleaning the bar.

Last edited by Mirza on Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mirza

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Undead4ssassin0 on Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:38 pm

"Well here ya go love" Tina smiled as the bath was ready. She left  
a silver and white dress on the sink.
"Im going downstairs now." tina then turned and left the room shutting the door. Katie sighed as she took off her cloths and sat in the hot tub. ouch she though she forgot that the scar only burns when she has hot things on it. she tired to look at it.

i forgot bout you she let out a groan. katie washed her hair and washed herself. she reached for the towel and got out grabbing it around her small body. Tina walked in.
"TINA" katie screamed, startled. she held her towel.
"Well you need to put the corset on with this thing so..." she looked at her. Katie narrowed her eyes. she put on her underwear and stuff, then slipped on the full dress corset.

"What happen to your back sweetheart?" Tina asked her her cold fingers touched. Katie sighed.
"Nothing." she whispered.
"Katie." tina said sternly.
"Bruce got me okay?! end of story." katie closed her eyes. Tina finished and left. Katie flipped on silver dress and fixed her hair.
"ugh... this will do until my cloths are clean." She opened the door and walked on the second floor then began her way down the stairs.

She spotted Mirza and froze nope no no noshe tried to run back upstairs but tina was pushing her down. Terry's scolding eyes looked up.
"Oh Katie." He smiled.
Katie cheeks flushed pink. She never liked dresses. She wanted her leather pants and her red cotton shirt. and her cloak.

Please dont turn around! please dont turn around!! katie eyes where wide. she finally made it to the last step. Her bare feet touching the cool maple floor. She thought bout ranger, he would laugh at her.

Last edited by Undead4ssassin0 on Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Undead4ssassin0
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Metallicar on Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:26 pm

Clara glanced over at Mirza, surprised she had never noticed the poor camel in the corner. Making sure all the cleaning supplies were placed back, she swept the horses neck. Hearing footsteps, she looked up and saw Mirza wave. Waving back as she put down the bucket, Clara squinted. Damn rain. Her sleepy horse suggested she had done the job right, and Clara decided that was all she had to do.

Leaving the stable, Clara went back outside into the light rain. She felt the droplets weight down her hair and dribble down her back. The odd feeling made Clara speed up for the Tavern. Considering the weather, the town became quiet and everyone was inside by their fires, eating their dinners. Besides Tuvera's large tower, the town was subtle and comforting. Avoiding the mud puddles to get out of the rain quicker, She hoped and skipped fort he door. Pulling open the door to the warm Tavern, Clara hadn't realized how wet and cold she was until the warm air slapped her face.

Immediately she got chills as she looked for Mirza and Katie. Hearing the crackle of the fire, she was very much contemplating sitting by it. Seeing the Tavern owner serving Mirza at a empty table, Clara reached for an empty seat and sat down. Even a few feet away, she could feel herself slowly drying and she could help but love this little place.

Glancing around, Clara noticed a girl in a dress. She seemed rather nervous and wouldn't enter the room. Shivering again, Clara looked at the man behind the bar. I could ask for something warm, but I'd have to pay.. Clara thought she might have something, but was equally exhausted.

Clara let her head rest on the surface of the table for a moment, feeling her hair cover the back of her neck. A heavy sound next to her ear startled her. The Tavern owner had brought her something. "Oh, I can pay—" she began to say but he waved her away.

"Finish your mission," he said at first, returning to his position he stood at a minute ago. "Then you may pay." He looked away from Clara, finding something else to do. Bringing the metal mug to her lips, she felt the sting of the contents burning her mouth. It was to warm to pull away from,,and after a few seconds it became bearable. Her mind began to wander about the mission. It was clear the Tavern man knew someone that was missing. He contradicting look suggested so. If Clara wasn't going on this mission, he probably would have demanded pay.

Looking up again, Clara could see Katie walking towards the table. She was dressed in a fine dress and her hair was down. Clara could understand that expression right away, dresses were terrible. Waiting for Katie to sit, Clara let herself stare at the flames. Another round of shivers escaped, but they weren't as harsh. "I'll be glad when this storm is done with," Clara said, tracing the rim of her mug with her finger.

Waiting for the three of them to get a chance to start a conversation, Clara sat back in her chair and felt the crossbow poke her. Irritated with it, she reached for it and pulled it from her back. Muttering, Clara placed it on the table. Luckily the table wasn't small, so her weapon wouldn't be in the way of anyone. She winced at the dirt and mud, wanting to clean it as quickly as possible.
Metallicar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirza on Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:54 pm

Mirza was pleased to see Clara come in and sit with him. He held his mug of mead up as she sat. She exchanged words with Terry who brought her some mead. The tavern owner seemed infinitely more warming towards this emerald eyed woman. Mirza shot Terry a look of disgust and Terry returned an equal look.

Mirza took a sip of his mead. The fluid was delicious and warm. Mirza truly appreciated the taste of alcohol. It often helped him forget his past. At least until he fell asleep. Mirza turned his gaze to Clara, wiping the warm mead from his chin.

"I wholly agree. I cannot stand the rain." he said in his thick accent. "Where I come from it rains but twice a year."

He leaned forward and gripped his mug with both hands. He took another sip and looked about the room inquiring as to how his venison was doing. As he turned his mouth grew wide. He spotted Katie in some dress. She looked quite beautiful. He hair was clean and flowing, and the silver dress seemed to dance with the fire light. Mirza smiled waved her over.

Mirza

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Undead4ssassin0 on Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:08 pm

Katie froze. great he saw me she closed her eyes and turned quickly to face Tina.
"Let me go back upstairs" she whispered. Tina smiled and looked at Mirza.

"Are you embarrassed?" her smile grew wider. Katie sighed and turned and inhaled deeply with her eyes closed, she then opened them and walked toward them.

god i must look so damn stupid she was to the table and sat by the bar, which was right beside them. she leaned back and crossed her left leg over her right. the dress had slit that went up to her thigh.

"um..." she looked at the bottles of wine. Katie never drank wine but she kinda wanted to try it. The though of the wine was interesting.

"Red wine please." Terry smiled. and handed her a fancy glass. she took it in her hand. She hesitated a bit. She was taught proper ways to eat and drink but she never used them.

She tilted the clear glass, that had a silver ring around the top. She pressed it to her lips and took a sip. at first it tasted bitter but then she liked it. She pulled it away softly and looked at the others.

"soo whats the plan." she asked looking away and moved the wine glass in a slight circle. she looked at Mirza and smiled. she took a big sip and it was already hitting her.
whoops

Last edited by Undead4ssassin0 on Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Undead4ssassin0
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Metallicar on Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:20 pm

"Twice?" Clara echoed, blinking. Forests. She thought with irritation. Katie sat down at the table only seconds later. She looked at the table awkwardly, she wasn't enjoying being looked at. She was served the same sweet wine that Clara had been confused with only earlier. Bringing Clara's beloved crossbow to her side of the table, she shrugged.

"I was thinking I could hit the books, see if there is anything that could match up the victims and why they were the ones that were taken." Clara said slowly, rubbing the mud off of the gold 'Elylia'. "The very reason there is no obvious connection, makes it untraceable. Whoever did this doesn't want to be found out." Reaching for the warm metal mug, she sipped the liquid allowing herself to warm up.
Metallicar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirza on Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:33 pm

Mirza laughed a little as he caught a glimpse of what the two women were drinking. Their sweet wine was red as his scarf. He always thought wine was a bit of a woman's drink. It was weaker and took a lot for Mirza to enjoy. He preferred warm mead.

He looked to Clara once more. She spoke of books. MIrza was entirely capable of reading, but found that books were often bothersome and took too much time to truly appreciate. He preferred action. Sword play and dance and anything in between.

"Books are useless. I say we stake out the town. Do a night watch and try to catch the kidnapper in the act. We really have nothing else." He stood and downed the last of his mead. He slammed the mug down on the table and drew Therafim.

"Whom or whatever this is couldn't hope to stand against me!" He said boldly. He swung his scimitar in a wave motion and inevitably stabbing it into the wooden table.

Mirza

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Undead4ssassin0 on Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:59 pm

Katie eyes flicked to the window. it was now dark
"Trevor?" she blinked and the face she thought she saw in the window was gone. She narrowed her eyes. a pain shot threw her. she shook her head and swallowed

when was the last time i drank? she looked at the almost empty glass. she then looked at Clara nicely then looked at mirza. She drank her wine, just not slowly. She finished the glass with in seconds.

"bet its a wild animal." she stood up and walked past them she walked around the tables. The wine didnt take long. Terry let out a sigh.

"Katie you didnt" he began to walk over. He reached for the girl's arm and she pulled it away. She was all smiles and funny like.

"You should play your violin, i allllways loved it when you played it." she twirled, the silver dress flowing.  Terry looked back at the group, his eyes said sorry. Katie danced around.

She spun around, in a perfect little twirl, then stopped, her hair  a little messy, but not in a bad way. she blinked her eyes and smiled.....a sweet innocent smile.

Last edited by Undead4ssassin0 on Thu May 08, 2014 7:23 pm; edited 2 times in total
Undead4ssassin0
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Metallicar on Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:18 pm

Clara watched  Mirza show off his blade. He must really want to fight something, she thought. Glancing at Katie, she was twirling and giggling and her dress gave off a elegant flow. Hearing Mirza call books useless, Clara couldn't really argue. Her mind yelled at her to just leave and go to the library, but Clara decided against it. This could give me a chance to look for suspicious things the suspect might've left. As much as she hated the king's army, they did leave her with fighting and surviving skills.

Tracing the scratches on her arms that still were somewhat red, Clara sighed and grabbed her crossbow. She had a gut feeling something might go wrong, but she wasn't about to stall any longer.
"Alright then," Looking at the Tavern owner, he had given Clara and Mirza a look of apology. "I don't think Katie will be assisting us at the moment." Cara said, slinging her crossbow over her back and pulling the hood up and over her head. Her green eyes were masked by the shadow her hood gave off.

Crossbow, check. Feeling around her belt, the handle of the silver bladed dagger met her fingers. Glancing at the sword now stuck to the table, Clara chuckled slightly. Swiftly walking past Mirza, Clara headed for the exit.
Metallicar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirza on Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:21 pm

Mirza pulled his blade from the table. He sheathed it and observed as Katie began to dance. He laughed a bit.

"I don't think Katie will be assisting us at the moment." Clara stated. Mirza looked at her and nodded.

"Perhaps we should leave her here for a bit and have her catch up later." He declared as Clara began walking towards the exit. Mirza followed and spoke as he walked.

"I say we split up. I'll watch the west end of town and you watch the east. Meet back here in two hours."

He stepped outside and looked towards the sky. The rain had subsided and the moon had just begun to sahow its face. The moon was very full tonight. It was shining a bright white light. In Basil lands the full moon meant a calm and bright night. It meant the thieves and hooligans that usually prowled the night would not be out, but Mirza had a strange feeling about this night.

As he stared at the moon he heard his stomach growl. He had forgotten his Venison. His eyes grew wide. "I forgot my meat!" he let out.

He ran back into the Tavern. Katie was still dancing and the venison was on the rotisserie. He snatched the meat up and returned to the Tavern's exterior.

Mirza

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Undead4ssassin0 on Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:16 pm

Katie soon stopped, Terry was watching her.
"done?" He tilted his head at the girl. Katie looked at him. Her smiled faded and she stood like stone. Tina was asleep, and terry was down here sitting at the bar.
"Where they go?" she asked looking at the table.
"eh,Not sure, library maybe, they left like and hour ago" he  smiled and looked down.

"do you hear that?" She stood frozen. She, yes, was still a bit tipsy, but she was more aware. Terry looked at her confused.
"Baby your dru-" Katie cut him off, she turned quickly to the door.
"My bow Terry." she faced the door, she tensed up. A sound of heavy stepping was growing close. Not a horse, camel or even a being terry brought down her bow. she snatched it and ran our side. She pulled back it's string her arrow ready. She narrowed her eyes.

a figure stood aways, not toward the town bout outside, in the woods. She gritted her teeth and got ready.
"Katie" a familar voice whispered. Katie heart cracked. her eyes soft.

"Trevor?" she lowered her bow. The steps grew closer, green eyes appeared and they locked on her. Heat blew her way as it came.
"Oh Katie.." the voice was now closer.
"Trevor!!" she let out, tears fell out of her eyes. She started to walked over, then stopped.

"Wait..." she stopped quickly as a glimmer white teeth stood out in the dark.
"Your not-" She felt a blow to her stomach. She fell to the ground. Her breath was gone. She lied on the ground rolling, holding her stomach.ouch that hurt She looked back up to see the dark figure reached for her, she rolled and grabbed her bow and quickly fired.

The creature let out a scream and jumped for her. Her eyes shut and she covered her face. Ranger jumped and reared, the creature stumbled back as the stallion turned and bucked at him. A growl came, and the sound of running, it was retreating. Ranger stood in front of katie his ears pinned, then he looked at her and walked over.

~Katie~ He looked at her. The pain shot back.
that thing hits hard.....really hard She looked at ranger, then lied back. The horse whinnied loud then knelt down, Katie climbed on and he walked in the stable.

her dress was ripped, and a minor cut on her her belly. Ranger lied behind her, she lied her head down on his belly and fell alseep.
good horse....

Last edited by Undead4ssassin0 on Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Undead4ssassin0
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Metallicar on Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:00 pm

All it took was one scream to send Clara to combat mode. Without a moments hesitation, Clara was running towards the now fading screams, crossbow pointed for whatever might be there. Clara inched forward, to see nothing but something disappearing into the tree line. What was that thing? There was some blood splatter, and whatever was screaming had gone to safety.. At least Clara hoped that's what happened.

She debated following it, but stood stationary thinking still. Crouching down, Clara found herself investigating the blood. It was darker than human blood, and looked almost black. It hit the light the right way to show it had red in it. The smell was putrid, making Clara crinkle her nose.

Clara had not seen Mirza since the screams, or Katie for that matter. Narrowing her eyes, she glanced around, looking ever so carefully. It would come back, this thing. They needed to make haste and kill it. Deciding to check the barn, she began to walk to the back of the tavern.

This has to be downworlder, There was no way to confirm anything, not now. There wasn't much to the scene, and Clara walked towards the stable, her crossbow aimed for whatever was hiding. Ever so slowly Clara stepped closer towards the stable arch.

Metallicar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirza on Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:36 am

Mirza had been walking casually staring staring at the sky. His watch had so far been quite boring. At least he had his venison, which he munched on little by little. The night sky was beautiful tonight. The moon was very bright. He was enjoying the calm.

Then he heard it. A scream. He sighed in dissapointment. He was beginning to wish for a quiet night so he could return to the tavern and enjoy some more mead. Alas he had a job to do and gold to earn. He turned to the direction of the scream and listened once more. A horse and something else. He took off running.

Mirza had always been a fast runner and he arrived quickly, Therafim drawn. He guessed he had arrived late. The only thing he could see was blood. He approached the splatters and ran his finger through it. He gave it a wiff. He wasnt sure why he sniffed it, because he derived nothing from the investigation. It did have a different shade, but Mirza wasnt sure if that was because it had been sitting there for a while or if it was just naturally darker.

He could see that the blood made a sort of jagged trail leading to the stables. As he examined it further he could see Clara creeping towards the stable. Mirza looked around for any other disturbances before he approached his companion. He could see little disturbance in anything aside from the blood trail.

He sheathed Therafim, but left his hand on the scimitar, and apprached Clara. He made no attempt to mask his approach. Once he reached her he placed a hand upon her shoulder and spoke.

"What happened?" He asked.

Last edited by Mirza on Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mirza

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Undead4ssassin0 on Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:45 pm

Katie was curled aganist ranger. the stallion guardig the girl, knowig she was hurt. blood soaked her beautiful dress. its was minor yes, but it still bled badly. Ranger perked his ears the. flatten then, a noise, a voice.
"what happened"
Ranger let out a warning snort. his playful side long gone, and his protective side kicking in. Katie was his owner. she came first. katie flinched her stomach was burning. blood still leaking from her. she revonized the pain. infection.
her eyes widen and she tried to stand but fell. lightning shot threw her it seemed. Ranger was untacked and her bag was in her room. the horse nuzzled her trying to comfort her. her eyes flicked down to er wound.
"what was in its nails?" she looked at the cloth that was stuck in her. she gently started to rip away the cloth around her wound then she tried to pick out the cloth that was caked in blood and in her wound. a scream almost escaped.  she layed back down and closed her eyes.
"help" she felt a sting again as she whimpered out.

Last edited by Undead4ssassin0 on Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Undead4ssassin0
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Metallicar on Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:23 pm

Flinching when Clara felt a hand press on her shoulder, she hadn't heard Mirza walk up behind her as she was rather focused on use blood trail. It was human blood, and Clara hoped that it was Katie. Clara stopped for a moment and looked at Mirza.

"Screams. Mysterious blood," Clara listed off a few things, but didn't have anything useful for him. Raising her crossbow again, Clara was quick to jump in the middle of the stable arch. Checking her corners, there wasn't anything hiding.

Ranger stood there in a protective stance, and Clara lowered her weapon. She could hear jagged breathing, and Clara moved forwards. As Clara got closer, she could see the hem of the beautiful dress Katie was wearing inside the tavern, and the blood trail stopping there. "Katie?" Clara asked aloud, letting her hand out for Ranger to sniff.

Hearing a groan, Clara looked back at Mirza and walked past the nervous steed. She laid eyes on a battered girl, who was propped up against the wall. She had an abdomen injury. Just like the ones from the army, Clara thought, crouching down to look at the wound. It looked as if she were swiped at, and Clara frowned slightly.

She noticed there was no longer any material on the wound, and figured Katie must've removed it. "We need to get her inside," Clara said, letting her gaze away from the wound and slinging her crossbow over her shoulder.
Metallicar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirza on Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:03 pm

"Screams. Mysterious blood." Clara said cautiously. Mirza could feel her jump when she noticed his hand. He followed her in. She scanned the stable and found Katie in the corner. Clara put away her cross bow away and moved to tend to Katie.

Mirza stood staring. Katie was wounded, pretty badly. Anger flooded over him. He wished that he had been the one to encounter whatever did this. It would likely have gone better. Katie was young and likely unexperienced in combat. He had not seen her full prowess, but he doubted she had mastery of a blade like himself. His grip tightened over Therafim and anger grew in his heart.
He turned his back to Katie and Clara.

"Who did this and which way did they go." Mirza said sternly. His voice was low and he turned his head to face the two girls slightly.

Last edited by Mirza on Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mirza

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Undead4ssassin0 on Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:22 pm

katie growled as Clara grew close.
" a freak, thats all" she said at Mirza then faced Clara
" dont touch me" she narrowed her eyes. she gasped a another pain shot threw her.

" go in my room and get my bag." she placed her hand over it so that they couldnt see the wound.
" its...." she blinked her eyes, her vision blurry. she shook her head lightly.
" its not bad." she looked at Clara the. directly at Mirza. her eyelids growing heavy. Ranger whinnied and went between the two girls his ears pinned.

" ranger.." he took a breath, " i need the red root... ugh its in my bag... smush it in some wine then place it on my...wound." she threw her head back against the wall.
" damn this infection!" she squinted then relaxed.
"mirza....." she looked at him.
" i heard Trevor" she whispered before passing out from the excruciating pain.

Last edited by Undead4ssassin0 on Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Undead4ssassin0
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top