Rangers, Mages and Muscles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chapter One

3 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Chapter One Empty Chapter One

Post by Mirza Thu Dec 26, 2013 2:27 am

Mirza woke. Sweat ran down his brow and he clutched Therafim with a death grip.
He saw her again. Farah. Her image haunted him. The Crimson pool that encircled her lifeless body. He could remember the flood of tears that trailed down his cheeks as he reached out screaming for her.

He curled up into a ball. Therafim held close. His head was pounding and his throat was dry. He should not have drank so much last night. He always dreamed of Farah when he drank.

Then again he had won a fist fight with one of the construction workers here and he felt the need to celebrate. Above all he hadn't had any alcohol in about a week. That damned forest, Farwyn the locals called it, had truly been a challenge.

It was harsh, but not harsh like the desert, it was alive. Everything sprawled and clawed; Fighting away anything foreign with poisons and teeth. Even the trees seemed to lash out at him. It was a nightmare. Not one to compare to Farah's death, but a nightmare none the less.

Farah. He thought of her once more. The fear in her face as she fell and the swiftness with which the emotion left her, clinging to her soul as it drifted off to the heavens. He held himself tighter, holding back the salty tears.

"Gather! Gather! All folk of Farwyn Town!" A loud, accented voice boomed through his room. It must have been enhanced by magic. Mirza placed his hand on his forehead and slid off of his bed. He staggered to the window and could see a crowd gathering in the street. They gathered in the town center, around a tall blue man with no ears. His robes were elegant and long. He continued to shout, attempting to gather people.

Mirza stepped out of his tavern room, his head still feeling as though it were a blacksmith's anvil and shambled down the stairs and out into the street. The bartender said something to him as he left the hunter's tavern, but Mirza's headache made whatever the man said sound like a grunting camel. He followed the booming voice to the center of town.

Quite a crowd had gathered. Hunters, townsfolk, construction workers, would be mages and beggars all assembled to the call of this blue man.

From what Mirza had learned of this town in the short time he had been here it was primarily a hunting town. One which game was bought and sold. And that this blue man was a scholar, who recently moved into town with his college of mages and construction workers and began building. The locals spoke very ill of this blue man, whose name escaped Mirza at the moment, and wished for him to take his magics elsewhere.

"Welcome good people of Farwyn Town. Recent events have forced me to gather the entirety of the town." his voice was clearly enhanced by magic, as it sounded as if the man was next to him.

"Most of you know who I am." the crowd began to grow angry. The hunters were shouting curses at the man.

"For those of you who don't, I am Momir Tuvera and I am here to help you all." he boomed. "In recent events some of the townsfolk have gone missing." The crowd calmed a bit and began to whisper amongst one another.

"I know many of you suspect some of my personnel are responsible, but i assure you it is untrue." The discussion in the crow began to grow once more and some of the hunters shouted again.

"I will also ensure that I will find out who or what is responsible for the disappearances. I gather you here today because Farwyn Town has no guards and I require a few brave souls to assist in this investigation." The hunters grew angry this time and began to shout louder and throw things. "There will be reward. Will those interested meet me in the Tuvera Academy by noon. That is all."

Last edited by Mirza on Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:04 pm; edited 2 times in total
Mirza
Mirza

Back to top Go down

Chapter One Empty Re: Chapter One

Post by Undead4ssassin0 Thu Dec 26, 2013 3:04 am

The black and white mustang stallion snorted.
"Easy Ranger..."  whispered a young girl. her blue eyes looked ahead. a crowd had started to form. Her face expressed confusion. Ranger shifted under her, uncomfortable from the heavy weight he was holding. The girl dismounted her tall, 17 hand mustang stallion.

she took his reins and started to walk towards the inn. A old half-elf man walked out. He lifted his arm and scratched his balding head, unaware that Katie  was walking up behind him.
"Terry?" Katie walked up. her black hair blew in her face, frustrating the young girl. she turned to Ranger and mumbled "stay" then she took a leather string and tied her long black hair in a ponytail.

Terry was now staring at her.
"Oh Katie!!" he hugged the 5'3 girl. She flinched at his touch then slowly embraced his hug. Terry, Tina and their son Alex was the only family she had left.
"Whats happening?" her country voice spoke softly.
"I'm not sure" he shrugged.

Katie spotted the blue man, she couldnt help but let out a growl.
"Fancy pants his here..." she rolled her light blue eyes.
"He is actually looking for some guards-" Terry didnt have time to finish before Katie burst into laughter
"Haha good luck with that!! Farwyn is too self center and worried bout hunting to do anything!" she snarled.

Terry looked at her
"people have been going missing." terry said in a worried tone.
"their runaways... spoiled kids who get mad at their parents.. they will come back." she said as she unloaded the skinned elk to the butcher. he handed her some spices in return."Thank you" she whispered as she took off her bookbag and put the spices in. Terry walked over.

His eyes narrowed.
"This is serious!" he grabbed her arm. Katie looked at him. Memories of her father flashed in her mine light lightning. she yanked away.
"Fine! " she looked at him "i'll see what is about." she rolled her eyes then remounted her horse.

they walked down the road. The angry crowed roared above the town. Ranger stopped and looked at katie.
~ i dont like this~ his eyes where showing his whites which indecaded he was scared.
"It's ok..." she patted his neck weakly.

Last edited by Undead4ssassin0 on Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Undead4ssassin0
Undead4ssassin0
Admin

https://dragonsofthenight.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Metallicar Thu Dec 26, 2013 3:11 am

Keep going, Echoed in Clara's mind as she raced for the tree line and into the forage. That had been a nasty encounter. It made sense that carver would be sent out for her arrest. He raised her, so they must've thought she'd surrender because betrayal only strikes the unloved. Clara scoffed at the ludicrous thought and clenched her teeth as the pain started to spread in her chest. The branches of the trees felt like brand new leather whips, straight from the saddler.

The familiar sting of cuts and bruises make Clara only feel more pain. She had no idea if Carver had followed, but she had no idea what he had been offered. His life? Her father's? There was no way of telling, and she would be damned if she would try asking now. Reluctantly leaping over a rotted tree truck, she felt the weight of her crossbow slam down as she landed. It hit Clara's spine, sending a quick shot of pain. Everything hurt, and all she wanted to do was scream, but there was no way she'd let her position be revealed.

The cool silver dagger was still clenched in her fist, and Clara scolded herself for not using it to keep the branches from beating her up any further. It was to late now. The handle was hot and sweaty from her holding it so hard. There's got to be somewhere I can hide. She thought shakily, hoping she had the strength to keep moving. There was no telling how far she had been running, but if she didn't stop soon she'd be easy to find. The echoes of a booming voice could be faintly heard. Another half a mile and maybe, Clara could hide.

It was risky, but Clara didn't hesitate to push that last leap of faith into her, and she continued to endure the slaps from the shrubbery and branches. Her black hood covered her eyes slightly and there would be no way of showing the tears swelling in her eyes. Her footsteps beat the soft ground, ever so gracefully avoiding all the things any old chum would trip on. She knew these forests well enough to maneuver in. The voice grew louder, and Clara's hope grew larger. I can do this. The voice inside her head said encouragingly.

After a few seconds, the moss turned to dirt and then to cobblestone roads. Her lungs screamed, and every gulp of air was like a stab in her chest. It hurt to much to breath, or not to breath. Wildly looking at her surroundings, Clara made sure no one had witnessed her extravagant entrance. A few sheep were staring at her, but no one seemed to care. Standing for a few moments, Clara pulled her hood down, revealing her face. The gasps for air had relaxed to heavy breathing. Eventually the burn had turned into a numbing pain, much easier to handle at this point.

Taking a second to admire her limbs, they were exactly as she thought they'd be. She had scratches criss crossing her upper and lower arms, and it seemed like she didn't miss a spot. Her legs seemed to be less effected. Shaking her head and standing up correctly, Clara readjusted her attention to the man with his booming voice. He had been calling out for minutes now, which explained why no one saw her come. Clara realized she had stumbled upon the town of Farwyn. It was a hunting and trading hub, which it was most popular for.

Clara could only remember being here a few times, when she had hunted in her preteens. Glancing around, it seemed as if some things had changed but she couldn't be sure. Approaching the large crowd, it was obvious this man who stood wearing beautiful robes was not favored. Clara had no idea who he was and what he was referencing to. About to fold her arms, he felt the cold blade touch her arm. Nearly yelping in surprise, she sheathed it. Watching the group holler and yell from a few feet away, Clara listened closer to the announcement.

Missing people? Her mind questioned, Clara frowning in response. Hearing reward, She couldn't help but perk up. Earlier this month Clara had taken up the job of Assassination in the Thieves Guild, and with her combat skills from the Academy, she was almost perfectly qualified. She could easily go with a search and rescue group. Clara could hold her own. After the crowd wafted away, Clara sat there for a moment debating if such a task would be worth it. I could escape Carver.. Her green eyes flickered to the man who had only seconds ago been bellowing for Guards. Should she bother? Who else was going to accept this task. Silently, Clara scanned her surrounds for other still standing still. The crowd was still to big to tell.
Metallicar
Metallicar

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirza Thu Dec 26, 2013 5:42 pm

The crowd dispersed and Mirza found himself standing amongst a few stragglers. A small number of people remained talking amongst one another. Mirza stared and saw very few candidates in the town center. There was one young girl, huffing and puffing, looking as though she perhaps ran here. She wore armor and a cloak and had a crossbow slung on her back. With the exception of her, none of the townsfolk seemed as though they could handle themselves in a fight.

The previous day one of the construction workers decided he would make a show of Mirza. The man had approached him and began to spit insults. It wasn't until the word coward escaped the workers lips that Mirza felt provoked. The man was large and burley, but he was slow. Mirza dropped him in two swift blows and ended the man's rant. His fellow workers had seen the fight and were awestruck. Mirza was not bothered for the rest of the night and threw his last bit of gold down into alcohol.

He reached into his pocket and turned it inside out. He sighed. He would have to take the work. That or learn to hunt. Mirza would rather die than venture through the forest again. How anything could thrive in a place that breathes down your neck while whispering lies of tranquility was beyond him.

Mirza returned to his Tavern. Before entering the tavern he could see Anta laying in the shade near the water trough. The camel gave him a look of disgust. Anta had been very unhappy since his last footsteps in the desert and seemed to be holding a grudge since. Mirza approached Anta and reached into his satchels. His food supplies were very low. He gave the beast the last of his rations. Some slop from his time in Maralen. Anta swallowed it whole and turned his head away from Mirza. Mirza patted him and walked off. That camel certainly had an attitude.

As he entered the Tavern the bartender ran up to him shouting. Terry, he believed was the half-elf's name.

"Listen pal, you owe me two nights rent and a table!" the man pointed his long boney finger directly at Mirza's chest.

Mirza looked down to him, sighed, and swept the man's frail arm aside. "I am taking Tuvera's job. I will pay you when it is complete. Now if you will excuse me I have business to attend to." He said firmly.

Terry seemed intimidated and backed down. The man's temper did not seem to completely diminish, but he did return to the counter.

"The time?" Mirza shouted as he sat down.

Terry looked at him. "About half ten." He said coldly.

"Good. Ill take some tomato juice." Mirza stated, slightly groaning as his head was still in pain from the prior night.

"You pay first!" Terry shouted in anger.

"I pay later." He said sternly. He stared Terry down and gripped Therafim with his right hand.

Last edited by Mirza on Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:07 pm; edited 3 times in total
Mirza
Mirza

Back to top Go down

Post by Undead4ssassin0 Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:44 pm

Katie watched the group start to scatter. Ranger flicked his tail and looked at her once more.
~Katie!~ His eyes where full of fear but then they harden
~we should go~ He perked his ears.
"Your crazy!!" She said firmly. He continue to stare at the girl.

~What would you do if it was Alex?!~ he narrowed his eyes at her. she swallowed, her throats going dry.
"i need a drink.." she croaked. she tapped his sides and they trotted towards the Inn. Ranger slowed to a trot. He didnt like the camel standing there. katie got ranger to stop and she dismounted
"Don't go far!" she took his bridle and held his head close to her then turned and walked  in.
"Terry..." She notice him talking to a...well decent looking fellow.

Katie rolled her eyes and mumbled under breath. "Great another travler." she walked up to the bar. Terry turned his attention to Katie.
"Darling!" he smiled, then it faded when katie glared at him. She had her hood covering her face so no one would see her face.
" Fire brand mead please..." she mumbled. Terry narrowed his eyes, he didnt like her drinking but still gave it to her. She reached in her pockets for gold. she pulled it from her pocket.

"No no, Miss you do not pay here." he smiled at her. She didnt have to pay really, she lived here and stocked the inn. She nodded and turned around in her seat to watch the fire dance. Her hair was falling out of her loose ponytail, getting frustrated with her hair she let it down.

Katie sighed. She liked it in the inn. something caught Katie's eye. Tina was running in towards Terry, her dark eyes streaming with tears. Katie finished her drink and got up. Terry had left the bar and was trying to comfort her.

"Alex! Alex! he is missing! He hasnt came home since last night" she wailed. Katie's eyes widen. What?! Alex missing. Katie walked over and took tina's shoulder. She faced Katie.
"dont worry...."she looked around.
"I'll find him" her eyes narrowed.

Last edited by Undead4ssassin0 on Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Undead4ssassin0
Undead4ssassin0
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Metallicar Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:40 pm

Clara watched the townsfolk disperse, and kept her head down, avoiding eye contact. She waited until she caught sight of this 'Tuvera.' The folks had been grumbling his name and the tension in the air was clear. Striding over to him, Clara pulled her hood down, the blonde strands of hair catching the breeze. The man dressed in bright robes raised an eyebrow. Wiping her sweaty palms on her waist she gave a forced smile.
"I'd like to help," Clara said lowly, avoiding his curious eyes. He turned to this hooded girl. She watched him admire her crossbow. He looked pleased someone had approached him so quickly.
"You mustn't be a local. That would be fantastic if you could help." He responded, folding his hands together calmly. Squinting at Clara, He glanced around. "You might want to invest in a mount." Tuvera added.
I hadn't thought about that, Clara thought, biting her lip. Deciding she would take care of it, Clara waved her arm at him.
"Consider it done. Now I need details." She said in a tight tone, folding her arms.
Metallicar
Metallicar

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirza Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:15 am

"Don't worry..."
"Ill find him"

Mirza looked over his shoulder at the scene that unfolded before him. It was 'cute'. A family scene. It made him sick, but he held back his expressions. His family had never been very "family" oriented. His father always pushed him to be the perfect ruler, and his mother was never around. She always vanished off as soon as the sun came up. Mirza spent most of his time amongst servants, learning the way of the blade and how to be a proper prince. It was only rare occasions that he could visit the bazaar and truly be himself.

He remembered the day he saw her. Her dark hair flowed with the desert wind and the sunlight reflected off her hazel eyes. Their eyes met. She smiled, but not in the way the girls usually did. It was genuine and devoid of yearning.

He brought his palm to his face and dragged his hand down to his chin. He breathed deep and then slammed his hand down on the bar.

"Hah!" he said confidently. "Not if I find him first." He winked.

He whipped around and dashed out the door. He ran to Anta who was laying in his spot sulking. Mirza untied the reigns and leaped onto Anta's back. The camel grunted and continued to lay.

"Anta!" Mirza cried. "I challenged a pretty girl to a race. we need to move!" He urged the camel, but the beast did not budge.

Anta looked up to Mirza with a defiant look. Mirza kicked his legs in an attempt to move the camel, but instead Anta simply released a long stream of spit and laid his head upon the ground. Anta closed his eyes and began to sleep.

"Fine!" Mirza shouted in frustration while whiping away the camel saliva. "Ill run! you useless lump!"

Last edited by Mirza on Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mirza
Mirza

Back to top Go down

Post by Undead4ssassin0 Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:41 am

Katie watched the man run.
"I'll find him." she turned and ran to the door. she stood out there and watched the Guy run. She let out a whistle, and the black and white mustang ran past the man. she smiled at him "lets see how fast mr. handsome can go." she jump on his back.

Ranger smiled, he always loved a good race.
"Onwards!" katie said to her horse.  Ranger took off like a bullet his hooves thundering the ground as he past the boy. Katie turned around in her saddle and shrugged her shoulder and smirked. She winked at him the twisted back around. Ranger galloped to where Tuvera was.

A young girl stood talking to him. Odd she thought to herself. She slipped off ranger and walked over to them. "Is this where i sign up for the missin people?" she looked around. She flicked her hood back on, she didnt like to be stared. Ranger snorted and bobbed his head. Katie looked back and narrowed her eyes at him. "shush." she looked back.

"Yes ma'am" the tall blue man looked at her.
"I volunteer. " she said without hesitation.
"Terry's son, Alex has gone missing and i will bring him back." she explained.
"Do you have a mou-" he was cut off.

"I already have one." she looked at Ranger. The mustang curled his lips and smiled
~hello~ his eyes showed. Katie rolled her eyes. Her face looked dark from her black hood.
"welcome aboard them." he smiled.

Last edited by Undead4ssassin0 on Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Undead4ssassin0
Undead4ssassin0
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Metallicar Fri Dec 27, 2013 1:46 am

Clara heard heavy hooves pounding the stone. Glancing to her left, she watched a girl a tad shorter than her walk over to Tuvera. Their conversation was short lived, and could feel the vibes coming from this girls she wanted no one's attention. If she was to be paring with her then so be it. Clara had no plans of making friends on this adventure. Unfolding her arms, Clara nodded curtly at the two of them.

"Well, I'm off to buy a mount. Goodday." Clara walked through to two others, the bottom of her cape fluttering after her. Walking down the road, Clara scanned for a horse. Maybe I can bargain with someone, her conscious echoed. Farwyn was rather empty still, even though the townsfolk were no longer distracted. It didn't take long to find a horse, as most inhabitants seemed to own a mount of sorts. Clara found her green eyes attracted to a solid grey horse tied to a hitch.

A small, satisfactory smile crossed Clara's lips. The horse was sturdy, and very muscular as well. Approaching the closest fellow near the well built mare, Clara began to untie her gold coin bag. The man seemed to be human, and he was sifting through the saddle bags.
"Sir, could I offer you some gold for your horse?" The busy man turned to the soft spoken Clara. He had ropes and other doohickeys he had placed in the saddlebags.
"How much?" He responded, the greed seeping through his tone.
"Twelve," she said, showing the shinning, gold currency. It was all she had, her last Assassination had only lasted her so long. The man snatched the gold from her small hand. He removed the items that hung from the saddle. Nodding without another word, Clara mounted the sturdy mare.

Urging the equine into a trot, Clara headed back to Tuvera, and glanced at the figure below her. Clara took a moment to adjust her hood, pulling it up above her head. She felt her hand touch the stock of the Mahogany and Gold. Pulling it from behind her back, Clara looked at the weapon. I can do this. Clara waited with Tuvera, making small conversation. Would anyone else come along and volunteer?
Metallicar
Metallicar

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirza Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:51 am

The girl from the tavern came running out behind him. Mirza continued to sit on Anta in frustration. He looked up to her as she swung onto a strong and dark looking mustang. The beast was swift and obedient and the two were gone in a second. He looked down to Anta once more and crossed his arms. He raised one arm and gave the now sleeping animal a swift smack. Mirza then immediately leapt off of Anta and ran towards the town center while simultaneously dodging a stream of salivary vengeance.

Mirza could never hope to match the speed of a horse, but he could arrive swiftly and with style. He had always been fast, even when he lived in the Al'Rasheed palace. He won many events against other noble children and had never been caught by the guards when he lived in the slums. Mirza took pride in his athleticism and being a master of the Raks Al'Mawt gave him a natural talent for acrobatics.

He bolted around workers and over hunters, leaping over carts of goods and construction equipment alike. He moved around obstacles with grace and precision. He could see Tuvera off in the distance. The blue man stood with the girl from the gathering and the girl from the tavern; each of which had their respective mounts.

Mirza vaulted as he approached placing his palm upon the cold ground. He tensed his muscles and thrusted forward. He flew into the air and twirled. He came down upon his feet with grace. He swept his leg around and rose one arm into the air to balance the landing. He rose slowly and crossed his arms .He looked to the girl from the tavern and smiled confidently.

"Ill get you next time." he said, his desert accent strong as ever.

He then turned to Tuvera, who looked surprisingly unimpressed. Mirza bowed in the customary way that a Basil noble would. To Mirza's surprise the blue man returned the bow in the same manner. This was odd as Mirza was under the impression that no one knew Basil customs. He proceeded with his introduction carefully. He could not risk revealing his lineage.

He though for a moment, could the Hassansins influence stretch beyond the desert? How could someone so foreign, to the extent that Mirza had never seen a man of his race, know how to bow like a Basil noble? Mirza was perplexed.

" I am Mirza, of the Basil desert." He said, rising cautiously. "I wish to aid you in discovering the truth behind the disappearances."

Tuvera smiled. "Very nice to meet you. I am Tuvera." He said calmly and pleasantly. "It is not everyday one comes across one of the brave and proud Basil people."

"I am curious." Mirza paused "The way you bowed. How is it that you know of the Basil and their customs?"

Tuvera's smile grew larger. It was evident the man was very proud of his intelligence. He waved an arm gently "I spent some time among them long ago. I grew to know many Basil customs and even was granted entry into Al'Rasheed."

Mirza thought. He had never heard of such an outsider within Al'Rasheed's walls. To ask this of Tuvera, however could rise too much suspicion. He decided he would press the matter at a later date. On his terms. He gave Tuvera a look of mistrust, to which the blue man only responded with more smiling. Tuvera seemed a man of many secrets and unbreakable demeanor.

Tuvera rose his arm and turned toward the tower off in the distance. The tower was incomplete, but still rose very high. "Shall we proceed to discuss matters of business within my academy? I tire of this heat." Tuvera said in his pleasant manner.

Last edited by Mirza on Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:16 pm; edited 5 times in total
Mirza
Mirza

Back to top Go down

Post by Undead4ssassin0 Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:26 pm

Katie watched the guy. she heated up with embarrassment.
"Whatever" she rolled her eyes and crossed her arms. She watched the two men leave and go towards academy.
Ranger walked up just in time for her to lean on him.

" show off ain't he." Her country voice strong. Ranger nodded and the sorted. She looked over to see a little girl  standing with her father....  Her father.  Her eyes filled with tears. The memory flashed in her mind she. Her dad used to take her on his hunting trip. She closed her eyes shut.
" go away!" She opened them again, the the scene was gone. Ranger looked at her somewhat confused

~what's wrong ?~ his eyes went soft and he pushed his muzzle into her side.
Katie had to wipe away the small tear that had escape her eye.
"Nothing Ranger." She looked back over her shoulder and saw the boys still there. She couldn't help but look at the accented man. Wonder why he is here she thought.

She watched him for a tad bit more then looked away. She fixed her hood and put her foot into the stirrup.
"Ready Ranger" she lifted herself up and swung over. Ranger looked at her then back at the boy.
"Shut it" she mumbled. Ranger tossed his head and backed up.
"Ranger stop!" the horse refused, he was being bothered by something. His ears was forward and he tensed up. Katie kicked forward but the stallion continued back.

"Ranger!" the horse then reared high. his powerful legs striking the air. Katie lost balanced, she felt the saddle leave her body. a long fall that was sure to hurt.

Last edited by Undead4ssassin0 on Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Undead4ssassin0
Undead4ssassin0
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Metallicar Fri Dec 27, 2013 3:28 pm

Clara watched another approach, he was swift with his movements and he and the other girl that volunteered exchanged few words. Tuvera conversed with him, until he offered to discuss more somewhere else. The two begin to walk away and Clara urged her horse into a slow walk. She kept her eyes low, her reins tight and her posture correct. Hearing more hoof beats, Clara couldn't help but glance to the side. A large dark stallion trotted up to the girl. Clara frowned slightly, looking away.

I can't just call them girl and guy this entire time. I must learn their names. Clara bit her lip slightly, and kept moving. A yell startled Clara, her horse snorting and sidestepping in response. Looking behind her, the large black horse had reared up, refusing to do much of anything. Crinkling her eyebrows, Clara couldn't help but wonder about all the strange events so far.

Carver, Tuvera, and this town was more interesting than Clara could remember. Touching her arm, she whimpered slightly. The chicken scratch cuts on her arms were red and irritated at this point, and Clara sighed. Did they have to send him? I left. I was rouge. Just leave me alone. Clara wanted some choice words with the General, but that opportunity had passed by in large lengths.

Clara brought her attention forward, but not in an uncaring way. Her mind was fluttering on other things which she'd rather just forget. Without realizing, the grip on her reins had brought her mare to a halt, and was now whinnying with complaints. Snapping out of her angry trance, Clara loosened her reins and gave the horse a deserving pat. "Sorry," Clara mumbled and looked back at the girl with the dark mustang.

Having slightly listened to Tuvera's last words, Clara found herself to be agreeing with him in silence. She hadn't noticed the thick humidity, and Clara wiped her forehead feeling the glaze of sweat by her hair. Wanting inside, Clara waited for mustang and her rider figuring she must have more to deal with than unpleasant humid air.
Metallicar
Metallicar

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirza Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:19 pm

Mirza began to walk with Tuvera, when he heard the beast rear up. He turned to see the mustang in a panic. He sighed. Anta may be stubborn, but he always managed to maintain a calm. It was rare for the camel to become disturbed by anything. Still the woman's mustang seemed to be a tamer animal than his own and perhaps was alerted to danger.

Mirza looked around to search for any sign of danger. He could see nothing. The third volunteer also seemed to be looking for whatever it was that stirred the horse. He took this moment to observe the third member of this would be party. She was short and looked young. Her face was mostly covered by a cloak, but of what he could see, her skin was fair and smooth and her ash blonde hair flowed beautifully from her hood. She wore small plates and had a massive crossbow on her back. It seemed well crafted and had some gold engraving upon it.

He looked away quickly. He did not want to spend more time than he needed to staring. He could determine this woman was attractive and showed signs that she was no amateur in the field of combat. He once again directed his attention to the second member of their party.

The horse kicked its strong legs into the air and hurled the hunter girl into the air. Mirza dashed for the girl. He was agile and strong. He stretched his arms before him and could feel her body land upon his forearms. He swung his feet beneath him. The dirt kicked up around them and his knees slid across the ground. He looked down to see he dark haired girl within his arms. He smiled and stood from his kneeling position. He let her down gently and brushed himself off.

"Careful there." he said calmly as he patted his knees.

Last edited by Mirza on Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mirza
Mirza

Back to top Go down

Post by Undead4ssassin0 Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:34 pm

Katie's blue eyes went wide, and her hood was off showing her black hair. her cheeks quickly flushed pink.
"um...." she swallowed, thunder echoed the sky and Ranger reared and whinnied, oh that brave horse couldnt take the sound of thunder. the black and white stallion took off towards the stable. Katie glared after him.

Damn that horse she said in her head. she returned her attention to the young man.
"thank you, for catchin me ...." her eyes was soft then she came back into reality  and stood up and back away she was brushing herself. She looked at the people who had stopped and stared
"What?!" she growled. She looked at him once more.

"Are we going in or what? its going to rain!" she yelled at Tuvera. As soon as she said that rain began to pour down. She flipped on her hood and looked back at ranger. The horse looked at her.
~sorry Katie...~ his scared eyes showed her. She was angry for a split second then sighed. She couldnt  stay mad at the horse.

she shook her head and walked to the taller girl. she didnt even look at her. She did though focus on 'Mr. Fancy Pants'.
"I am gonna make myself clear, do not think im gonna be Miss protector at all time, Im only going because of Terry's son otherwise i could care less what happens to this stubborn town. " She said bitterly. She didnt like this place. She knew the stories and how they tried to make her a lady.

She moved uncomfortably. She felt so short. She only stood 5ft 3 and the rest towered over her it seemed. she did a quick glance at the child. Shes pretty, and looks good for fighting. Katie looked away. she absolutly refused to look at the handsome man. She closed her eyes to keep from looking.

Last edited by Undead4ssassin0 on Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:37 pm; edited 2 times in total
Undead4ssassin0
Undead4ssassin0
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Metallicar Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:25 pm

It was quite clear that it was going to pour, and with that Clara dismounted, tying her Mare to a conveniently placed hitch. Patting the horse on the neck, Clara pulled her hood down. It was probably a very bad idea considering the weather, but they were about to head inside. Standing with the group, she glanced at the rather large tower expectantly.

Looking down at Tuvera, she raised a hand. "Shall we?" She asked, a eyebrow raised. It had become quiet, and the bystanders had moved on. Clara watched the dark mustang trot away. The wind was starting to blow harder, and the signs of it being a long storm was very obvious. Lets get inside, already. Hugging her arms, she felt the impeccable stings from her arms. They were red with irritation, and the look on Clara's face suggestion she was irritable from the many scratches.

Ignoring the pain, Clara waited patiently, the earthy smell and the fresh winds filling her nose. That had to be one of her favorite smells of the outdoors. If there was shelter, she would prefer to stay outside but the tower seemed to be lacking such qualities.
Metallicar
Metallicar

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirza Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:10 am

He groaned as the water hit his shoulders. He hated the rain. It was something that he never had to worry about in the arid desert. In his nineteen years in the desert it had rained just over sixty times. In the seven months he had been outside the desert it had rained just over forty times and he found that being soaked to the bone on such a frequent basis was something he could do without.

He followed Tuvera and the others to the tower. Mirza was very thankful when Tuvera used his magics to summon a disk over head to keep them dry.

Upon approaching the tower Mirza noticed that there was no door. It was apparent that it was still under construction, but to not yet have a door was perhaps poor planning.

"what kind of place has no door?" Mirza asked placing a hand on his hip.

Tuvera turned to Mirza and smiled. His blue lips stretching across his face. "My friend." He paused "This is a wizard tower." He then waved his arms and spoke in a tongue the likes of which he had never heard before.

A blindingly bright blue light consumed him and he suddenly felt as though his body was thrown through a wind tunnel. He could feel his body being pulled out of reality and into something unreal. He could see colors and the absence of such flying by him and he could feel a force wrenching him about. And as quickly as he had been yanked from reality he was back. He was thrown to the ground and he could not feel his stomach.

His head was pounding and his vision was blurry. He could make out the crimson floor. His hands told him it was carpet, but his eyes could only make out the color of blood. Memories of the ruby pool that surrounded the lifeless body of his first true love flooded into his spinning head. He began to breathe heavy and a tear left his eye.

"Farah...." He muttered briefly.

Just a second later his stomach caught up with him. He immediately vomited. It was agonizing. His innards spilled onto the red floor and after about three minutes of hurling he stopped and collapsed. He groaned and wished he was still in the rain.

Mirza
Mirza

Back to top Go down

Post by Undead4ssassin0 Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:37 am

Katie awoke one the white carpet. her belly felt weird but she could keep it down. she watched the guy hurl. she wanted to help but she wasnt the nurturing type. she continued to watch. she had the cantine of water. she walked over and propped the guy on the wall.

she took out a cloth and wiped his face. she left the cantine in his hand then walked over to the girl "i tried" she said softly. she looked around. the walls where white with paintings, some paintings had dragons and some had elves. she looked at Tuvera
"Draconic...." she looked at him. Tuvera looked at her in surprise.
"how do you know that?" he smiled.

"Someone taught me..." she looked down. her eyes watered at the thought of Trevor. She missed him so much. She looked back at the guy.
"will he be ok?" Katie looked at Tuvera. she was kinda worried bout him. Tuvera nodded. she sighed . Trevor....
"he will be fine." he whispered. Katie walked over and leaned against the wall next to the guy and closed her eyes

Trevor filled her head.
I have to go, his voice echoed in her head. She looked at him as a father..father..... a memory hit her again. So many memories and so much pain. She had one tear escape.
"go away" she put her fists to her head. She wants to forget......she wanted to forget her dad's brown eyes filling with clear tears..... she looked forward.
"have any idea what, this critter is." she said as she wiped away the tear. trying to think bout something else

Last edited by Undead4ssassin0 on Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Undead4ssassin0
Undead4ssassin0
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Metallicar Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:57 am

The event that happened next wasn't pleasant. Clara found herself thrown unto a soft floor, in which she grasped the material and heaved. Her head swirled, and her stomach had curled into knots. There was no time to react. Teleportation, Clara's mind echoed through the dizziness. Her back was arched, in pain or discomfort, it wasn't easy to tell. Standing shakily, Clara placed a palm on her forehead and leaned against the cold, and relieving stone wall.

It took a moment for Clara to remember what happened. The quick travel from outside to inside was maybe a half of a second, but felt much longer than that. It wasn't excruciating, but the feeling was as if she was stretching. It was peculiar and Clara shook her head slowly, moaning lowly. Whatever side effects there were, she was getting some. Opening her blurred eyes, Clara couldn't make out if it were tears or the drowsiness getting to her vision.

The room was utterly magnificent! It was decorated like an aristocratic home, paintings of large size and luxurious furniture. The floor below her feet was soft, her hands could still feel the material between her fingers. Brushing the rouge strands of hair from her eyes, Clara glanced down at the other two. The other girl was attending to the other fellow. Unexpected, she thought and pushing herself to her feet.

Looking over at Tuvera, he still seems to display a smile. Raising a rather unamused eyebrow at him, Clara noticed a gold glint in the corner of her eye. Catching onto the fact that their Teleportation had sent Clara's crossbow scattered across the room made her heart stop. Calmly walking over to her abandoned weapon, Clara wrapped her hands  around it and gingerly raised it. Inspecting it, nothing seemed to have snapped. Aiming it at particularly nothing, she nodded. Tip top shape.

Slinging it over her back, she was glad to feel the weight back on her shoulder. Clara turned back to the other three and slowly walked back to where she had been standing only seconds before.
Metallicar
Metallicar

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirza Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:54 pm

Mirza rolled over and opened his eyes. The dark haired girl from the tavern was tending to him. He jumped up in surprise. He was immediately to his feet. An expression of shock was upon his face.

"Thanks." He said softly, swallowing some pride.

He looked around the room. It was something like out of the palace back in Al'Rasheed. The carpet was lush and the walls were covered in extravagant paintings. Books could be found in the areas between the paintings and in the center of the room was a golden table. There was a red table cloth spread across it and a few glasses sat upon it.

Tuvera clapped his hands together twice and small metal things ran out of the corners of the room and immediately began cleaning up the mess Mirza had left behind.

"Im guessing that has happened before." Mirza said.

"The manipulation of the temporal stream can be very stressful on the body of people who would travel it. It affects each traveler differently, but given time, those who frequent the blind eternities grow used to its aggression." Tuvera said, a smile still upon his face.

Mirza looked at the blue man in slight confusion. He was not exactly sure what he had just said.

"Please take a seat." Tuvera waved an arm and the chairs moved out from the gold table. Mirza followed his Tuvera's long fingers and found his way to a seat.

"What is it you would like to eat?" Tuvera asked " I personally will be eating redfish from the isle of Kelvas." and as he said redfish a plate materialized above him and floated down to the tale before Tuvera. There was indeed a lump of redfish on his plate and utensils followed in the same manner as the plates.

"Just say what you wish to eat and it shall come to you. It was one of the first arts discovered by explorers of the arcane to conjure food and water. Thoughout arcane history and the study of the blind eternities, wizards have come to perfect the art." he began.

"Meat and Potatoes." Mirza said coldly. Sue enough a plate appeared above him and floated down before him. Upon the plate was a leg of lamb and a grilled potato. Mirza smiled, he was starving, as he had lost much of his lunch and his teleportation head ache mixing with his hang over head ache meant he was starving.

Mirza did not wait for the utensils to arrive. He immediately attacked the leg of lamb. He tore at it like a starving animal, ripping meat from bone in a frenzy. He lifted the potato and took large bites of it as well. The mixture of protein and starch was something he had missed, since the only thing he had eaten in his travels through the forest was rationed bread. Mirza quickly lost track of what was going on around him and became lot in the wizard's food.

Tuvera turned to the dark haired girl spoke "Before we discuss business, and whatever it is that now plagues this blessed town, I wish to know your name dear child."

Mirza
Mirza

Back to top Go down

Post by Undead4ssassin0 Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:14 pm

Katie looked at Tuvera, her kind side faded quickly and she narrowed her eyes and crossed her arms and leaned against the wall. Her hood was off but her body was still covered by her cloak. She remained silent for awhile. She didn't want to give her name away.

" I want to her their names before it tell you my name or anything about me" she said coldly.  He eyes darted to the food then to the floor. Her belly clawed at her. She hadn't ate anything in almost two days, she was so busy hunting. The smell of the delicious lamb made her mouth water.

I don't need it...I will not eat anything magical she thought to herself. Katie lifted her arm and ran her fingers threw her straight, pitch black hair. She looked at the child. Crossbow eh? She lifted one eyebrow then then narrowed them again and looked at the floor. Her stomach pleaded for food. Shut it! She clamped her eyes shut.

Last edited by Undead4ssassin0 on Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Undead4ssassin0
Undead4ssassin0
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Metallicar Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:03 pm

Magic food? You've got to be joking! Clara thought with surprise. Tuvera had offered them a seat at the table she had somehow missed. She heard Tuvera explaining the simple process of asking for any food. Feeling rather amazed, Clara walked past the other girl. She could feel her eyes on her crossbow. It was when the topic of names came up, that Clara stopped her hunger from distracting her.

It seemed that the other woman did not seemed interested in speaking her name. Clara stared at her plate nervously. It would only make sense to say her name first, as Clara wanted to know their names as well. Looking from one volunteer to the other, she tried her best shot at saying it clearly.

"Clara." She allowed herself to say. She wasn't sure if the others had looked back at her, for she had looked back down at the table. The smell of food reminded Clara that she was rather hungry. "Parmesan Chicken?" She had heard of such a dish before, but had no idea of its flavors. Just as it had happened to the others, hers began to fade in front of her. Blinking at the steaming food, Clara couldn't help but poke at the phantom foods.

Lifting her scratched and red arm to the untensils, Clara frowned. There were a few different forks a knives. Who needs this many forks? She asked, picking up the most normal one. Looking at the knives, Clara wrapped her fingers around the handle with the sharpest edge. Proceeding to cut through the cooked and golden breast. Clara had to restrain herself from drooling. The smells were indeed perfect, and once Clara had finished cutting a piece she tasted it.

The white meat was juicy and tender, hitting Clara and making her warm. There was a glass of liquid beside the plate of steaming fresh foods that Clara picked up and tasted. Bringing the crystal rim to her lips, she felt the bloodred liquid flood into her mouth. It was sweet and bitter at the exact time, and whatever it was it tasted strong. Clara wasn't sure if she liked it, but apparently she was staring at the cup in confusion long enough for Tuvera to say something.

"It's wine, my dear." He said, a glint in his eye. Clara sat straight and eyed the juice strangely. It was oddly similar to the juices of fresh cranberries. Nodding and placing the cup back in its original spot, Clara put more meat in her mouth, rather thankful Tuvera had this lovely feature in his tower.

Metallicar
Metallicar

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirza Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:11 am

Mirza looked to the local girl. She made a point of not telling her name. She definitely gave off an aura of mistrust. Mirza had already introduced himself to Tuvera, but he had not to the other two volunteers.

"And I" He said as he stuffed his face with potato "Am Mirza" He smiled, lamb and potato covering his face.

"Well then, Clara" Tuvera said as he turned to her with a smile "Mirza" he turned to the last person in the room, who still had yet to sit. "And friend." his smile grew wider. Mirza could tell that Tuvera enjoyed being clever.

"It has come to my attention that in the recent weeks this town has encountered multiple dissapearances. The victims have no significant similarites other than they were taken at night. It is unclear to me at this time whether it is a beast, a killer or kidnappings." He continued eating delicately as he spoke.

"I seek to gain the approval of the people in this town. It has been dificult, but perhaps establishing some form of guard to keep the townsfolk safe will help this. That is what I ask you for." He took a sip of his wine. "Each of you will be employed to me and the Academy of Kelvas. I will pay you 300 gold each for this job and I would ask you stay on for one month beyond that in order to give me time to establish a proper guard. At the end of the month I will award you each with 1500 gold. How does that sound?"

Mirza's eyes nearly popped out of his head as he heard Tuvera's offer. 300 gold! And then 1500 for one months service! Mirza could live like a king with this. Mirza threw his fist down on the table as he swallowed a large piece of lamb "IM IN!" he shouted with pride.

Last edited by Mirza on Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mirza
Mirza

Back to top Go down

Post by Undead4ssassin0 Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:59 pm

Katie took in a deep breath. What? Her eyes went wide.
"300?" katie looked at Tuvera. That type of money she could probably get somethings for ranger, and new cloths. She looked at Mirza then at clara. Her head spun around. she slide down the wall, she inhaled then exhaled.

"I..." she steadied her voice.  she shook her head then pushed herself up.
"Im in." she looked at Tuvera. She knew he was gonna ask her name.
"And.....Im Katie...." she said it lowly.  Her tan hand lifted and she took a strain of her jet black hair. she softly stroked it. She didnt look up her eyes where looking at the white carpet. she shifted slightly and her bow slide down and the string pressed against her throat. she reached behind her and fixed it. The bow was a polished red. she silver tips shined. and the black leather tied to where her hand lays.

then a thought popped in her head and she tensed up.
"do you know what type of animal this is? any tracks? prints." she narrowed her eyes
"Blood?" She looked slightly around. she she soften up... just a tad though.
"If you got tracks, i can see what critter it. Possibly a Mohegan (wolf), or a hvdayi (lion)" she put her hand to her face and she paced thinking. she was thinking bout what animal it was.
"Could be a pyhsco." she shrugged then continued walking.

Last edited by Undead4ssassin0 on Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Undead4ssassin0
Undead4ssassin0
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Metallicar Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:26 pm

Once Tuvera revealed his desired pay for the group, Clara knew he meant business. Never in her days at the thieves guild had she earned so much in a single job.. Hell she wouldn't have to go back. Wiping her mouth with the cloth napkin that sat on her lap, she looked over at Tuvera with a grin and mischievous gleam in her eye, Clara nodded. "Done." She listened as Mirza introduced himself, and then it was the other's turn.

At first it seemed like she wouldn't say a word, but she spoke. Her name was Katie. It doesn't make sense. Who would take these people? Clara was lost in thought, frowning at her crystal glass of wine. In the midst of Tuvera's discussion, Clara found her mind rushing with thoughts. Trying not to look so alarmed, she inhaled quietly and listened. Animals? Shifting in her seat after a couple more minutes, Clara couldn't stand to hear another word about tracking without resolving her worries.

"How were they taken? Silently, or screaming? Was it night or day? Were they close in age at all? I feel like there is something we're missing," The questions disrupted from Clara's mouth. Blinking with surprise at her own self, she turned to Katie. "Sorry," It was not her wish to interrupt an important conversation, but Clara wanted answers. Trying to sit back in her chair, she felt her crossbow jab her back in multiple areas, making it suddenly uncomfortable.

"They disappeared my dear girl, I can't imagine most people would ignore it if someone ought to be screaming. Like I said, I can't find any relations on the group of people." Clara nodded as she observed her arms absent mindedly. It just didn't make sense!

"Exactly, they disappeared." Clara began with emphasis, almost wanting to use her hands for effect. "I doubt this was the work of you're average Thieves Guild Assassin, sir." The words stung slightly, as she realizing Clara was calling herself an 'average' assassin. "Doesn't that sound rather strange? No matter where they stood, who they talked to, or what they worked on, they disappeared." She said, snapping her fingers. Clara didn't mean for extravagance but only to get her point across.

What if they were dealing with a more veteran enemy? If such a creature could just slip past a townsfull of people to their target, Clara was sure it was not the work of a simple mundane.
Metallicar
Metallicar

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirza Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:07 pm

Mirza sat back in his chair. He placed his hands on his belly. If he wore a shirt it would surely be bursting. that was the best lamb he had since he lived in the palace. The potatoes were not of desert growth, but tasted better than any potato he had ever eaten.

He only slightly payed attention to Clara, Katie and Tuvera talking; Catching Katie's name and the severe lack of evidence as to what it was that was causing the dissapearances. Mirza let out a loud belch and then stretched his long arms into the air and let loose a longer yawn.

"It is odd, Clara, but it is partial to the lack of an investigation. This is the first anyone has addressed it properly. And I do hope the thieves guild is not involved. I have dealt with them before and their prescence here would certainly be troublesome." Tuvera said directing his attantion to Clara.

He leaned back to the table and looked at Tuvera.

"Well then, if we got nothing, who was taken?" he said.

"There is the the tavern owner's boy, Alex. Lissa, she is sister to the general goods store's owner. Her husband is a hunter, Ricken, I believe. Garcia, he is one of my workers." Tuvera thought for a moment. "Ewan, the blacksmith's apprentice. Nice kid. A hunter named Trevor and the most pecular one is a mercenary who guards one of the traveling merchants. Corus is his name and he is a large brown scaled viashino. He worked for Tordin." Tuvera crossed his fingers together. "I believe that is all of them."

Mirza nodded. There was no way he could remember all those people and found it impressive that Tuvera did without any aid. He hoped that Clara and Katie were paying more attantion. He scratched his chin and spoke "Well I say we question the people that knew the victims, then we stake out the town at night." He paused " How often are the dissapearances?"

Tuvera tilted his head slightly. "Alex and Lissa are very recent. Back to back. The rest span over a broader amount of time." He said.

Last edited by Mirza on Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mirza
Mirza

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next