Side Roll -Katie and Clara-

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Side Roll -Katie and Clara-

Post by Undead4ssassin0 on Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:22 pm

Katie smiled as she launched up out of her bed. It was still dark -maybe around 4am- and cold, just a but though. The lady's eyes twinkled as she slipped on her red shirt and dark brown riding pants and black boots. She made her way to her bedroom door, while on her way she grabbed her quiver, black cloak and most important... her recurve bow.

Katie slipped out of her room and made her way down stairs to the middle of the inn. She looked around, flipping on her hood of her cloak. Her blues eyes looked around some more then she quickly went over to the bar and leaned over it grabbing a 2 red apples and some sourdough bread.
"Perfect!" she smiled then quickly ran out the door to the stall.

Ranger perked his ears and nickered and bobbed his head in excitement. he knew what was goin on. he looked at the stock horse next to him. Katie grabbed her saddle and blanket and walked over to her stallion, who unlocked his stall and was all ready. The girl smiled and placed the grey saddle blanket on  his back. Then came the huge dark saddle, she placed it in the middle of his back and then leaned under to grab the girth.
"Good boy" she smiled as he sucked in his belly for her.  She then placed on a breast plate that was made out of steer leather.

she smiled and patted her horse's neck then grabbed the red bridle and placed it over his head, with this mustang quickly took the bit and perked his ears as she placed on his head. Katie pushed a piece of hair behind her ear as she grabbed the saddle bags and threw them over his back. She grabbed her book bag, fur blanket and a couple more bags, just in case.
she looked around.
"I hope Clara didnt forget" she whispered
Undead4ssassin0
Admin

View user profile http://dragonsofthenight.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Side Roll -Katie and Clara-

Post by Metallicar on Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:38 pm

It was really early. Clara opened up her bleary eyes and stared at the dark ceiling above. Katie must be waiting. The young assassin thinks, getting up despite her body tempting her with a few more hours of sleep. Ever since she came to Farwyn, sleeping has been a luxury she hadn't been used to before, and waking up before dawn is something she hasn't done in a long time. Nonetheless, Katie had suggested they do something like this; and Clara couldn't really refuse the archer. They had grown closer, and Clara even associated her with the title of 'friend.' The young assassin had never made friends before, and it was still something she had to get used to.

It didn't take Clara very long to finish getting ready in the dark, slipping out of her room and silently moving down the stairs. Everyone else is still asleep, and she slips outside and heads for the barn. Clara yawns widely as she enters, catching sight of Katie fastening the neatly decorated bridle on Ranger's head. The stallion looks back at his rider with sparkling eyes, and the two look as energetic as ever. It's nice, at least. Estelle stands in the stall beside them, giving Clara a moderately interested look.

"Good Morning," Clara says, reaching for her own riding gear and slipping inside the small space with the grey mare. She had promised Katie that they would do it today, and had been told to wake up at a ridiculous hour. Clara didn't mind as much as she thought, because hunting? She missed it. Her crossbow hangs from the leather strap on her back, and she smiles softly at the memories of using it herself. It's really been years since she used it for an activity like this.

Metallicar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Undead4ssassin0 on Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:46 pm

" good morning." Clara's voice caught Katie's attention.
The black haired girl stood up straight and smiled
" good morning!" She smiled. She watched her "friend" tack up her mare. Katie wondered if the girl ever hunted. Probably, probably not. Either way it was exciting! Last person who came with Katie to go hunting was Alex... And he passed out when Katie started to gut the deer she had killed. What a sissy.

Katie giggled to herself and checked Ranger's hooves.
" gone hunting before?" She asked. She wanted to know a bit about Clara' s experience in hunting. Katie wasn't worried about her shooting since she was deadly with her crossbow. After she checked everything she mounted up and waited for Clara. A smile still on her face and her eyes wide open as If it was daytime already.
Undead4ssassin0
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Metallicar on Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:52 pm

It was nice to see Katie so thrilled to be doing this together, and it peaked Clara's mood as well. With her mount tacked up and ready, she mounted as well, leading Estelle out of the stall and into the open space of the barn. "Before I joined the Cadet Academy, yes. It wasn't anything spectacular. My dad was far better than I was." The young assassin nodded, letting the grey mare shift around in the tight saddle. It's been a few days since she last rode, and Estelle chomps at the bit, clearly okay with the promise of some exercise. Clara could still vaguely remember a few impressive kills she'd gotten in that spare time.

It reminds her of the time spent with Carter, and that brings her down a little. They had been perfectly fine, and she disappears and he turns against her. Wasn't he supposed to be on her side? It didn't matter anymore. She didn't trust him. The people she relied on were here, and that was all Clara needed now. "I'm pretty out of practice, I bet."
Metallicar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Undead4ssassin0 on Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:12 pm

Katie saw something had struck the girl, only for a second though
" that's ok, just aim under the arm pit and you'll get em" she smiled the. Turned Ranger and walked him out till he got on the cobble stone then picked up in a slow trot.
" Clara...is there something that bothers you" she asked tilting her head. Katie knew a both of her friends where hiding somethin. Katie didn't mean to push into a heart aching thing, but she wanted to help.

Katie was fond of Clara... And Mirza... But this little ride could be a change. Maybe they can bond and show techniques. Katie could teach Clara how to litterly turn invisible. Maybe even teach to bond with her mount? Ranger tossed his head and perked his ears as they came to where the road went into the dark forest.

Undead4ssassin0
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Metallicar on Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:33 pm

Clara urged Estelle to follow, keeping pace by just a few feet behind. The click of hooves kept the silence from overwhelming them, but Katie spoke again, and Clara wasn't sure how to respond. Did she mean it in a vague sense, or did she notice something? The girl sighed quietly, looking at the leather reins wound around her fists. Katie had shared everything the moment she started trusting her and Mirza, but Clara isn't completely sure why she hasn't said everything yet. What is there to hide? She trusts them with her life as well, and some tragic backstory shouldn't concern her, but it did.

They were adventurers, and friends. They had bigger things to worry about than the past, but Katie seemed concerned. Friends cared, didn't they?

"I suppose there is." Clara admits after a moment, unsure how to spit it out. How does one say that they're being hunted by their former guardian and might come when she least expects it?

"I'm not sure how much I've talked about my father and his accident, but it rendered him far too weak to care for me. The church took him in and watched over him so I wouldn't have to carry the burden of doing it myself.

"My father was unwilling to send me away. My mother suddenly disappeared after my birth, so there was nobody. My dad was in the King's Army and was a high ranking soldier, and picked his right hand man, Carter Krieger. He was a First Lieutenant, and was highly trusted by many. He was assigned the responsibility of taking care of me until I was of age to be admitted into the Cadet Academy so I could begin training to be a soldier."

She remembers those days, a faint flash of images of her and Carter talking about things like they'd always lived together. Like they were always family.

"He wasn't my Guardian for long, but he was like an older brother, I suppose. I trusted him. When I ran away from the Academy, I wasn't thinking about my Father, or Carter. I was just.. so afraid of what they would think if Sergeant Thatcher's daughter didn't uphold the legacy. What a disappointment she'd be." Clara's grip on Estelle's reins tighten, because the thought still scares her, even though she's not there anymore.

"So I took off and went into hiding in the Thieves Guild. It wasn't anything impressive there. I was a Barmaid in some wrecked Tavern that was constantly filled with men and women I had been trained to hunt down for so long. It was disorenting, but I obviously wasn't there for too long. It was just a regular night and.."

"A soldier walks in, and everyone goes quiet. The Thieves Guild isn't something someone ventures into alone, unless you intend to stay. So, I knew who it was. I knew deep down that they wouldn't just forget about me. So they sent Carter to retrieve me."
Metallicar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Undead4ssassin0 on Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:26 pm

Katie listened. She didn't open her mouth or shout angrily. Instead she listened quietly. So she was being hunted by a former guardian. Carter? Katie looked down at her saddle horn. Once Clara finished Katie turned around I. Her saddle and looked Clara dead in the eyes, even though it was pitch black, her blue eyes could see the young girl's.

" he ain't gonna take you." She said firmly.
" I won't let him take you away. I can see he is frightening. And Clara... I will fight for you and I will stick by your side." She stared at the girl. Her face serious.
" I promise" she the. Turned around and pulled Ranger to a stop.

They covered some ground by now. Maybe a mile out? Who knows. Katie then turned ranger into the dark forest, going off the road and down a grassy hill. Katie went quiet as the ground went flat again. Katie turned and looked at Clara then motioned up.
The great thing about Katie is that she is flexible and agile. Able to move quickly and very quietly. She stood on the saddle and grabbed a branch heavin herself up into a branch then leaping to different branches... With out making a sound. Not twigs cracked or anything.

Ranger flicked his ears then quickly trotted off. Katie crouched on a branch and remained quiet and waited for Clara to catch up.
Undead4ssassin0
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Metallicar on Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:31 pm

Clara really hoped that Carter wouldn't ever catch up. For the sake of betrayal, she never wanted to see him again. To think that he would accept something so cruel.. it's enough to make the ground sway under her feet.

"Thanks, Katie." She replies quietly. It does mean everything to her that Katie wouldn't let it happen. Someone wants her to stay out of danger and free of worry. Clara wants that for the archer too. They stopped after another few moments, and Clara watched as she lifted herself into a tree like it was nothing. Clara watched with a bit of surprise, unsure of how to follow that. The young assassin found a tree beside Katie's and copied her actions, pulling herself into the tree with some effort. Estelle looked a little confused as to what she was supposed to do, and ended up walking in a random direction. It didn't matter. She was whistle trained-- she'd come if Clara called for her.

It was a bit of a balancing act on the thick branch, but she lifted her head to look at the ravenette in the other tree, waiting for instruction. She's definitely never hunted this way.
Metallicar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Undead4ssassin0 on Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:38 pm

Katie giggled at the girl. And watched her a bit
" alright haha, c'mon" she the crawled to the tip of the beach an jumped to the other leaping, swinging, stepping and hopping to other branches. She landed between this one an looked over the area.
" we are getting closer" she smiled, the rising sun outlined her. She smiled then jumped out of the tree... Jumped?!

She then grabbed a vine an swung to a lower tree and quickly dropped into a crouching position and pulled out her bow.
She smiled and waited for the younger girl to join her. Kale was enjoying this company. She had so much planned for today. Not just hunting. But fishing and trail riding and maybe even camping?! Oh lake couldn't help but grin to herself.
Undead4ssassin0
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Metallicar on Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:33 pm

Clara stayed on the branch for a moment, watching the archer jump off into the other tree tops, without losing balance. It was slightly overwhelming. Clara followed, but not as gracefully. Of course, the young assassin managed to follow somehow, a little hesitant that everything was trees, rather than buildings or rooftops. The vine was not something Clara looked keen on attempting, but did so despite her nagging conscious. With a gasp, she leaped out and clung to the vine, landing a foot away from the crouched girl who had brought her out here in the first place. Clara breathes for a moment, letting the shock of what just happen die down.

She pulls out her crossbow, waiting for Katie's instruction. Clearly her way of hunting was beyond different than what she used to do.
Metallicar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Undead4ssassin0 on Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:57 pm

Katie looked at Clara as she landed.
Good landin, she thought. Katie then snapped her head back forward. Her eyes going wide, moving side to side quickly. Hunting instinct. A ruffling sound filled her ears. It was low and quiet hard to hear. But it was dead silent and still dark, but starting to light up, just a bit.

A grey, bristled back stomped threw the clearing just infront of them. Thank goodness they where about 10 feet above the ground. This was a huge boar. It's fur twisted like wires, it's tusks curled, one of them sharpened to a point the other had a broken tip.
It squealed and grunted and looked around. It's black eyes searching for anything that moved.

Katie remained still, like a cat stalking a mouse. She gently turned her head and stared at Clara, a smiled crawling on her face.

" you shoot first, aim right above his elbow, like a deer." She whispered.
" I'll do a follow up shot, if nessassary. " she finished. She lowered herself on the lower branch, which looked as if it could break, but Katie was willing to take the chance.

"Fire when ready" Katie whispered. She pulled her bow back, her arrow set. Once Clara fired and hit, Katie would see if her arrow was needed.
Undead4ssassin0
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Metallicar on Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:29 pm

Clara nodded and raised the crossbow, looking at the boar carelessly grazing in the clearing. The young assassin can clearly remember her first time taking down a deer. It had been exhilarating in ways she still can't describe. Clara takes a steadying breath and slowly exhales as she presses the trigger, releasing the arrow. The tip buries itself deep in the wiry fur, making the boar squeal in surprise and mutual pain before falling to it's side. She had aimed as close to the elbow without actually hitting it. She lowers the weapon and glances to Katie. "How was that?" She asks, a little more sure of herself.

It's not like hunting is excessively hard, but Katie is a much more seasoned hunter than Clara is, and she's aware of it. If there is anyone knowledgeable to ask about hunting, it's Katie.

Metallicar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Undead4ssassin0 on Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:29 pm

Katie watch the boar squeal and run then fall on it's side.
" Brillant!!" Katie smiled! And put her bow on er back then jumped from the tree. She grabbed a branch, twirl then landed on her feet, kneeling slightly. She got up and looked up and smiled then walked over to the carcass.

The black haired girl looked down at the boar. She knelt down to the animal and closed it's eyes and you he it's face
" your death will give life, may your spirit forever be free" Katie whispered then whistled. The black and white stallion came bursting threw the bushes, Katie's weapons and tools jingled as he trotted up to Katie.
Katie smiled and patted her horse then turned her head to Clara, who was still in the tree
" you can come down now" she giggled, " ever skinned a boar?"
Undead4ssassin0
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Metallicar on Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:48 pm

Clara squints as she lowers her weapon, watching Katie leave the tree as if she had transparent wings attached to her back. The young assassin doesn't make any moves to follow, suspicious of the Boar and if it was really dead. Back in her earlier days hunting in the forests, her shots weren't often dead on. Ranger appears from nowhere after Katie observes the officially dead animal, and Clara blinked as the archer urged her to come out from her confines. "Right," She murmurs, dropping down in a less experienced fashion, but not looking completely out of place. "I don't think I have. I've hunted very little." Which was the truth. After entering the Academy, there was little spare time in which she could leave the grounds. It was hard finding ways to relax.

Metallicar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Undead4ssassin0 on Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:08 pm

Katie looked at clearly with  slightly shocked face.
"Well thats ok then! " she girl flashed a pretty white smile. Usually Katie remained quiet, grumpy or sarcastic, but here, the girl was almost like a 4 year old in a bakery shop, looking at all the delicious cakes!

"Come here and i'll show yea, its really simple." She smiled before walking over to the all mustang, who looked at Katie with his sparkling blue eyes.
~Why are you excited? Its a pig~ He lifted one eyebrow.
"Its not just a pig! Its a boar and its a clean kill. Duh!" katie responded to the stallion's gaze. She then reached over to the saddle, grabbed some rope and unsheathed a her knife... for a old knife it still was very sharp...
Undead4ssassin0
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top