Epilogue to Chapter One

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Epilogue to Chapter One

Post by Mirza on Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:39 am

"I havn't met many wizards in my life, but of the two or three I have met, they are all strange and eccentric. Maybe magic drives you mad." He said with a slight chuckle.

Mirza looked at the unfinished tower. It would be months before it was complete. Mirza thought about how he could get into the tower. He would find a way to climb it, but he was uncertain if Clara would be able to keep up. Mirza looked where the door should be and decided to do something a bit bizarre. He walked up to the tower and knocked.

Upon knocking Mirza was immediately whisked away by the same blue light from the day prior. He could feel the tower's magic grab hold of him and lift him from reality. This particular time Mirza felt himself being hurled upwards. As he flew the world around him seemed to bend and vanish. The lights around him stretched into long streams and Mirza felt his insides churn like butter. He felt that familiar nausea that came with teleportation.  It was less so this time, however, and Mirza could see the world around him. It was like the night sky in the middle of the desert. Stars were everywhere and between them was nothing but black. What was odd about each star was that instead of being a small white light, these stars were large and MIrza thought he saw small worlds in the center. As Mirza attempted to examine the stars they twisted and vanished. The world around him bent into what looked like some sort of antechamber. Nausea followed him, but Mirza managed to maintain his footing and his breakfast.

His head was spinning slightly, but Mirza could deal with it. It seems Mirza's body was learning to tolerate this teleportation thing. The room before him was new. There was a statue of some sort of being in the center of this room and the walls were lined with tall stone pillars. The floor was blue tile and there were again no doors.  The statue was an odd humanoid creature with four arms and snake like features for its face. Its legs were bent in a similar fashion to a beasts hind legs and it was slender in its frame. Mirza wondered what species it was. He learned only recently of Tuvera's race, the Vedalken, and he figured that there could be all manner of strange races out there.
Mirza

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Metallicar on Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:08 pm

Clara watches Mirza knock with a raised eyebrow. Could that work? Suddenly the rouge prince is taken away, clear from thin air. The young assassin isn't sure what's more infuriating, the lack for doors or the Wizard's simplicity. She steps up and knocks as well, the teleportation causing her senses to be toyed with and tangled. The second time is disorienting. Time seems to stretch into slow motion, and then everything happens within a second. It feels like she's being thrown against a wall again, and to there's a knock of air in her face, and suddenly she's in the tower, knelt on the floor before a very weird statue.

Clara inhales deeply, surprised that she had been holding her breath the entire time. She feels lightheaded, and sways when she finally stands. It's not quite as bad as it once was, thankfully.

"Holding your breath during teleports can be dangerous, Clara." Comes a fairly calm and level headed voice from behind. Clara whirls around to find the notorious Tuvera looking at her with the same expression he's always held. He doesn't actually look surprised or pleased with their appearance, and Clara exhales.

"I didn't notice."

"Your mind cannot function that quickly. It's not possible. It's exactly why teleportation can be a risk." Tuvera says matter of factly, tilting his head slightly. "Anyhow, I welcome you."
Metallicar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Undead4ssassin0 on Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:08 pm

The sun's early rays shined in the meadow. There was a slight breeze that caused the golden grass to sway side to side.
The mustang stallion let out a huge breath as his head was lying in his owner's lap

Katie was petting his face softly as she stare at his face. A soft smile had crossed her face. She had so much love for this animal. Ranger snorted and lifted his ears perking them. Katie looked up
" what?" She tried to find what the stallion was looking at. The stallion stood up quickly and pinned his ears.

Black creatures entered the meadow. Bright red clots of fur surrounded their necks, wolf like snouts sniffed the ground.
Katie tried to peer over the tall grass. Ranger flicked his tail and stop in front of Katie, these creatures scared him but Katie came first. Katie manages to stand up and see the animals
" trackers.." She whispered.

One of the animals lifted his huge head and curled back his lips, showing his blood stained teeth. A female, lighter black almost a dark grey, with no mane turned her head and spotted the girl. She had bright amber eyes. The tracker growled and the small group of three split.

But soon reappeared around the horse and girl. They where 13hands, size of a small pony. The female growled and as Ranger went to Katie the two other males blocked him off.

" easy..." Katie pressed against the tree. " no harm...." She stood still. Little yips came from behind and the female tracker turned her head, perking her lion shaped ears. Katie peered over the female to spot two cubs following her.
" oh! Oh! I'm sorry!" Katie made eye contact with the Tracker
" lessons... I'll be going.." Katie softly moved around the snarling female and past the males to her horse....
Undead4ssassin0
Admin

View user profile http://dragonsofthenight.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirza on Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:40 am

"You owe us" Mirza said flatly. "We almost died going after that thing." Mirza almost seemed angry. He still wasn't sure if he exactly enjoyed the events of the previous night. Mirza rested a hand on the hilt of Therafim and took a relaxed, but impatient stance. He tapped a foot.

"You will be payed. Do not worry." Tuvera said calmly. "I understand that last night was difficult and arduous. Please know that I was completely unaware the situation would turn out so dangerous. I am eternally grateful, however." Tuvera turned and looked up at the statue.

"The ancient Kytril" He said. "From what has been gathered we can tell that they once had vast cities of magical industry, but for some reason they vanished. Wizards and Scholars have pondered this for thousands of years and still we have no answer. Mirza, Clara." He turned to face the two adventurers. "There is no fossil material to speak of. Only their structures were left behind." He brought a hand to his chin and winced his blue eyes. "Suppose it were the Arkose in the Kytril place. Why would the citizens of such a large and powerful empire simply cease to exist?"

He looked at the two of them inquisitively. MIrza realized that the wizard actually expected a response. Mirza knew a bit of war and tactics, but nothing of magic or history beyond the desert. He was perplexed. He looked to Clara for guidance.
Mirza

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Metallicar on Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:13 am

Clara sides with Mirza. She wants her money. They've done nothing but deserve it since the day before, so its only natural that they're here expecting it now. She listens to the Wizard explain something about a civilization suddenly disappearing with nothing other than stories to pass on. Clara's eye twitches. What is he possibly going on about now? He ends it with a question, and Tuvera looks at the two of them, and Clara can feel Mirza's eyes on her in return. The placid wizard then zeros his gaze on the young assassin, who sighs. "Well, it could be anything, couldn't it? Destruction, Evolution, illness..." She trails off, looking at the Wizard with an expression of loss. Why such intricate questions? Her emerald eyes narrow suspiciously.
Metallicar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Undead4ssassin0 on Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:31 pm

Katie forced herself onto the stallion and slowly walked away from the pack of Trackers. Pain was shooting threw her an she gripped Ranger's mane. She closed her eyes and bit her lip. She wanted to screamed and call for help but instead she mumbled a bit and held her sides as she came back into the town. She didnt want to go back to bed... She looked forward at the tower and narrowed her eyes.
" take me to the tower..." She ordered. Ranger pinned his ears and stood still.

He looked at her
~no~
" yes ranger" she pointed towards the tower then gasped and leaned forward holding her ribs.
~ how about the library..~ his eyes went soft. Katie looke at home then smiled.
" ok... The library..." She said still hunched over in the saddle. Ranger smiled and walked forward.

Sometimes he wondered what he was gonna do with this girl...
Undead4ssassin0
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirza on Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:39 am

Mirza's face winced hard. He watched as Clara struggled to come up with an answer as well. Tuvera mentioned that there were no fossil remains, which means that there were no bodies left behind. Mirza knew nothing of magic and its workings, but he did know that Tuvera had managed to teleport himself and others all over the area. Perhaps such a spell could be used on a global scale. Mirza looked to Tuvera, whos pleasant face showed no signs of impatience.

"Maybe they teleported." Mirza said unsure of the stability of his claim.

Tuvera reached his long, slender arm out and placed his smooth blue palm on his shoulder. The blue man smiled wide and winked.

"Well done Mirza. A very valid assumption, although Clara makes good points as well." Tuvera went back to staring at his prized statue.

"So what of our money?" Mirza asked impatiently.

"Ah yes," said Tuvera. Who clapped his hands twice. Three sacks of gold materialized before Mirza and Clara. One landed directly in Mirza's arms and the remaining two fell in a similar manner towards Clara. "You have all done very well. You placed your life on the line, even if it were for coin, and saved an entire town. The bond you are forming with one another, I can tell will be one to last a lifetime. Treasure these days my Town Guard. And Clara, do ensure that Katie recieves her share" Tuvera said humbly.

Mirza actually felt good, for once, about the events of the previous night. Tuvera had a way of calming those around him, or at least of calming Mirza. Mirza smiled genuinely. Mirza thought about the events that transpired and his mind came to the witch. She knew him.

"Tuvera" Mirza began "There was woman. She summoned a monstrous creature and said some things to me. She whispered 'Severa' before she teleported away."

Tuvera's face turned serious and he gave a look to both Mirza and Clara. He took a deep breath as he fixed his expresion back to his usual lack of emotion.

"I know of her." He paused and turned to his statue. "She is a very powerful witch. What she could be doing here, I do not know. She once attended the Wizard's College in Grey Walk with myself. She was always very ambitious and some would go so far as to say obsessed. She specialized in the transmutation school, which essentially means she used magic to manipulate the biological structure of the world. I have not heard her name since she was banished from the college for practicing her skills in the Necromancy school."
Mirza

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Metallicar on Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:59 pm

The sacks of gold land in Clara's arm with a thud, and she looks down at them in surprise. That was a flashy way of paying them. No matter, there were bigger issues here. Ones that required more attention than their pay. "I will," Clara replies with a nod, listening to Mirza and Tuvera continue. With Severa the new topic, she listens in silence. "Just how powerful can she truly be? She summoned a monster without even lifting a finger." Her emerald eyes are latched onto the Wizard, not caring she interrupted the conversation. "What exactly did we go up against down there?" We almost died. It was slightly infuriating, but it's not like she expected Tuvera to know what they were going to take care of beforehand, but nonetheless Clara was not happy.
Metallicar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Undead4ssassin0 on Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:16 pm

Ranger snorted as he came to a stop. He flicked his ears and turned his head to looked at the girl on his back. He smiled and watched Katie slowly get off his back.
Katie groaned and felt a rain drop. It was clear... But this was the forest... It always rained.  The sprinkle soon turn into pouring down rain.
Katie's foot slipped from the stirrup and she fell Into the mud.
Ranger looked at the girl and softens his eyes. Katie sat in mud, her hair, clothes and cloak all soaked.

Katie bit her lip as a shocking pain went threw her. Ranger pressed his head to hers trying to comfort her a bit
" I'm fine I'm fine!" She mumbled.
" my dear..." A old voice came. Katie looked up, water dripped down her face.
" oh Ms. Colins"  Katie squinted her blue eyes at the elder elf lady... She was ancient. As ancient as the books and scrolls in her beloved library. Her long white hair pulled into a bun. Her grey eyes soft. Her tiny reading glasses per he on her nose. She was wearing a pink cotton dress with white lace around the collar.
" my dear miss Katie, why are you out here?" She knelt town.
" oh I was.. I was coming to get a book!" Katie quickly looked up, still sitting in the muddle puddle.
" well let's get you inside." The old elf woman smiled and helped Katie up.

Katie followed the lady to the middle of the library. A cozy loveseat  with two arm chairs on both sides sat in front of brick fireplace.  On both sides of the loveseat was end table with a beautiful lamps on the polished table. Katie smiled
" let's get you some clothes." Ms Colins smiled.  

Katie followed the lady an soon came out of the back room. She wore a blue sweater with black sweat pants. Her black hair in a messy bun. Loose strains fell in her hair. Katie smiled at the lady. She remember coming to the library when she was litte and sitting on the couch with hot Choco.  Katie thanked Ms Colins and walked down the halls. A old book caught Katie's eyes. She grabbed it an walked to the loveseat and sat down and curled up and began to read... Ms. Colins soon walked up and gave her a cup of hot Choco then walked back to her desk.

"Once upon a time...."
Undead4ssassin0
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirza on Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:06 pm

Tuvera looked at Clara. He frowned slightly.

"Necromancy. That is what you faced. I cannot properly estimate how powerful Severa may be. It has been many years since she vanished from the ears of my colleagues and I. I am sorry I cannot be of much more assistance on the matter. Perhaps when you leave this town you could travel to Grey Walk and visit the college there. I have many friends who would welcome you."

"Do you think she will come after us? She knew me." Mirza asked

"I am not sure how she knew you, although there many within the Circle of Magi who are connected to Al'Rasheed. Some records say that Basil Sorcerers were the first people to harness the power of the arcane. Such a speculation is quite the topic of debate as it was during that time period that the dragons who once ruled over 'lesser races' began to be overthrown by the very 'lesser races' they had so long opressed..."

As Tuvera moved into a long lesson on the history of some arcane thing Mirza's mind trailed off. He thought of the desert sky. The way it wouds beam down onto the land. There was rarely any clouds which made him feel tranquil. It was calm in the middle of the desert. He missed that calm. He wondered if he would ever return to it. Would he ever find himself needing to go there? He doubted it. He used to hear tales of great treasure that would rise from the shifting dunes and vanish within the sand shortly after. He remembered one story of a long forgotten prince venturing into an old ruin that the sand had revealed. The story tells that the prince got lost in the ruins and the sand gobbled up the structure. The prince was never heard from again.

"...and the Black Dragons have not been seen since." Tuvera finished as Mirza came out of his day dream. Mirza was never very good at paying attention to lectures. Mirza smiled and nodded in recognition of Tuvera's lesson.
Mirza

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Metallicar on Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:28 pm

Clara was worried. This Severa woman could greatly endanger their lives further, if she so wished. It wasn't like they knew much about her. Not even Tuvera could give her or Mirza much to go by. "We'll just have to be careful, then. Thank you for the pay." Clara murmurs her appreciation, mind still wrapped around this black dragon business. How would this affect them in the days to come? The young assassin didn't know, but she wanted to get stronger. What if they had to fight her again? Fight more monsters like the golem in the labyrinth? Her skills were not quite as straight forwards as Mirza and his swordfighting, or Katie and her impeccable accuracy. Clara knew her reflexes and usage of her crossbow would be useful, but could she improve at all? If it was possible, she wanted to. If the black dragons were going to hurt more people, she would not let them do so.
Metallicar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Undead4ssassin0 on Sun Nov 09, 2014 6:21 pm

The fire was warm. It's warmth filled the library. Earlier the old librarian had told Katie that she could stay in here as long as she locked up after she was done. Katie remain reading the book. She then sighed and rolled her eyes.

" a normal girl, no scratch that, a no body... Could possible fall in love with a prince. That.. That just doesn't happen." Katie slammed the book closed and got up. She walked back where she found the book ad placed it back. She started back to the couch when something caught her eye.

Down the hall, past shelves of books was a door... A door she had never seen before. Katie looked around before walking down the hall to the door. She stared at the door.
" I shouldn't... But... I am" she pressed we hand gently to the door, the door opened by itself. Katie stood in the doorway, staring into the dark room.

The girl looked around once more then grabbed the torch that sat next to the door. She walked in then gasped at the site. Old books and journals layed in dusty shelves... Dust even piled up on the books. Scrolls and letter lied scattered on a old wooden desk that was covered in dust too and cobwebs.

Katie stood in amazement then picked up one journal then Blew the dust away and stared at the leather cover.
" how interesting?" She placed the journal down then Flipped it open. A huge section of the journal pages where torn apart. And others scribbled to the point you couldn't read it. Tiny bits of scarlet decorated some pages. But one page she was able to read, she notice it was written in ancient Elvish.

" 21st of Fire Seed, 342
Each day gets worse, more and more of the dragons die. And more an more of their blood contaminate the ground. I try to tell the king that we should leave them alone! Something will happen, a great black evil will come! But they call me crazy... They started to kill even the good ones... The ones that lived in harmony, for thousands of years... This will only turn out bad-"

Katie squinted her eyes. She couldn't read anymore, since it was now smeared. She couldn't even read the name. Maybe Clara or Mirza could... Katie then got a thought. Should she show them this?

The girl bit her lip then spotted a letter, not open at all and sealed shut with red wax. On the letter had a name and it said
" sev-"
Katie have a puzzled look to the letter.
" who the hell is Sev?" She said aloud.
Undead4ssassin0
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirza on Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:08 am

Tuvera looked to the two of them once more, his smile ever prevalent.

"I am very proud of you both, and of Katie. Now if you will excuse me I have pressing matters to attend to. If you wish to leave simply say 'Erekess Thrae'."

Tuvera immediately became engulfed in blue light and vanished. Mirza wondered if the wizard had done that on purpose or if he simply forgot that the command word would teleport him away from their room. Mirza laughed a bit at the thought. Mirza turned to Clara. The short girl seemed to have her hands full with two sacks of gold.

"I'll take one of those if you want." He said. He didn't give her a chance to respond as he wrenched Katie's sack from her arms.

"So whats next? I guess we take turns patrolling or something."
Mirza

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Metallicar on Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:46 am

Clara's mind was still trying to wrap around the information that had just been shared to the both of them. It was not unlikely for the young assassin to overthink things, and now was one of those times. She blinked out of her short lived trance when Tuvera announced his leave, making sure to repeat the command a few times in her head. The wizard was long gone once Mirza spoke, causing Clara to realize the gold was actually a tad heavier now that she was aware of it. "Thanks," She murmurs quietly, handing the gold filled bag to the ex-Prince.

"I can handle a patrol for a while. You can rest for now. It would be wise to check on Katie as well." Clara rattles off, holding her bag of gold in her hand. Her regular clothes were being repaired, and her thin armor had been trashed. She was hoping the Silversmith could cut her a deal for a nice set now that she had the money, but it felt awkward not having the familiar press of metal on her shoulders or her abdomen.

She wasn't really allowed to do much either with the itchy stitches in her back, but she'd heal. The young assassin was more concerned with gaining Estelle's trust and getting used to the just recently bought mare. She would be a good mount eventually.
Metallicar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Undead4ssassin0 on Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:28 pm

Katie put down the letter. She could open it but she decided not too. Her eyes went over to the other books. She scanned them, dusting some off. A large book sat in the corner. It was made of leather and had a locket on it. The girl walked over to it taking it in her hands.

The leather was old and cracked. It's metal lock was starting rust. Katie looked around for a key but found none. The book then unlocked. By itself. Katie, startled dropped the book. She then watched the front cover open to a blank page the. flipped to one that was written in a odd font... Draconic.
' Dragons'
That was the title. Katie stared then knelt down, gently picking it up. There was no author or any other words on the page but Dragons.

" whoa..." Katie whispered as she opened the book more. Drawing of dragons, descriptions, and info of the species where printed on each page. Even teeth and scales where connected to the page.
Katie's blue eyes seem to low with excitement.

Undead4ssassin0
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirza on Fri Jan 02, 2015 4:15 pm

Mirza smiled at Clara. He nodded in agreement. She could have the first patrol. Mirza needed to find a bath anyways. He could smell himself, which was bad.

"Alrighty Clara. If anything happens find me and stay safe, I'm gonna try to find a bath." Mirza patted the small girl on her shoulder and winked. "Erekess Threa" he said softly.

The magic of Tuvera's tower whisked him away, and it was only moments later that he found himself once again outside. The air was cool and the ground was soft. His toes preferred the desert sand, but the village dirt wasn't so bad. He decided he would go find a bath, then a new pair of sandals. Mirza noticed that everyone here wore boots or tough shoes, but Mirza was not fond of such footwear and preferred the freedom that sandals granted. He began walking, he wasn't sure who would allow him to shower. Maybe the tavern...

Hey ladies, I'm not sure where to go from here. We could end the prologue in a few more posts or end it here. What do y'all think?
Mirza

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top